Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 12:23 PM

3 posts, read 23,986 times

Advertisements

I just checked my book from the conference (put on by the Fox Cities Cultural Center) and they have a list of black hair salons:

Pannache - Green Bay - 920-498-8802
Total Hair and Beauty Supply - Appleton - 920-882-5544 (A girl from this store braided my daughter's hair at the conference)
Gill-Tech Academy - Appleton - 920-739-8684
Martin's College of Cosmetology - Appleton or Green Bay

So, I think you have some good options in your area rather than coming all the way to Milwaukee to get your hair done. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2007, 10:44 AM

8 posts, read 60,922 times
Smile I found ONE

I found a beautician!
I met some black girls out here and they go to this stylist named Esther in Green Bay. Send me a msg if you want her contact info.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:37 PM

1 posts, read 9,572 times
Default to MakingItBig

Hi - I read your post about the beautician you found - would you give me her contact info? I really need someone who can do my hair!

Thanks
Nickyec

Old 06-16-2008, 07:49 AM

1 posts, read 9,545 times
Hi, I just moved to Green Bay a few weeks back and found your post in a google search. Do you know if the beautician you found also works with natural black hair or of any salons that do? I need help badly otherwise I probably will end up being one of those you see who don't really seem to comb their hair :-). Thanks!

Old 08-28-2008, 09:01 PM

3 posts, read 14,912 times
Hello MakinItBig,

When you get a moment please send me a direct message about the stylist you found in Green Bay. I will be moving there soon and would like to get more info about the area as well. My hair is natural right now, and I may have to start relaxing it if Wisconsin Black haircare techs are far and between if you know what I mean..

Old 09-09-2008, 07:30 AM

1 posts, read 9,382 times
Default La Manz

I also was searching for a salon that could do ethnic hair. Thank you to the person who recommended LaManz Salon!!!!

Located at 433 North Oneida Street Appleton, WI. (920) 733-7400. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! Carla, the owner of the salon has a fantastic business. She is very professional, the salon is spotless and her knowledge of all types of hair is vast. I have a granddaughter who has ethnic hair and she did a weave for her and it's beautiful. I would highly recommend MaManz Salon!!!

Old 09-29-2008, 06:44 AM

1 posts, read 9,331 times
Default I need my hair done BAD, please help

I just moved here from Alabama and I am looking for a black salon in LaCrosse, WI. Everyone I call is not black and can't help me. If anybody knows anyone in LaCrosse, WI that can do black people hair PLEASE let me know. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-17-2008, 05:48 PM

1 posts, read 9,243 times
Default Make an appointment with me today!!

Ladies,
I am sooo sorry that you felt alone in the area of hair. Let me do my introduction. My name is Carla and I want to be your stylist. I am located in Appleton at Lamanz Hair Design & Body Centre. It is a family business-- who took the salon business to another level. I am a wonderful stylist who listens to your needs and well as guides you to strong healthy hair. The salon offers massages, facials, manicures and pedicures. I first started braiding at 16. In college, I braided to pay the bills. My family and I moved to Appleton almost 12 years ago for our church, Appleton Sanctuary. Three years ago I went to school for hair at Martin's College. Two days after graduation, I started working at the mall for Regis Salon. My clientele grew so fast that last year October my family & I went into business for ourselves. I have over 100 regular clients if not more but I still have room for growth. I believe in making my clients/friends comfortable so I have a private suite where I do their hair. I do not like double booking unless its friends and I don't believe in making a 1 1/2 hour process 6 hours long. I start on time and finish on time. Bring the picture, show it to me in a book and I will try my best to make it happen. I work with Dudley Q Products, Mizani, and Redken. I do all hair types! We are open M-W 10-7, Th-F 10-8, Sat 9-6. Call to make your appointment today!! 733-7400 Ask for Carla

Old 10-19-2008, 02:24 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,076,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakingItBig View Post
I just moved to Wisconsin from the south. As some of you may know, as an African American female, I NEED TO HAVE A GOOD BLACK BEAUTICIAN.
Where are the best black salons in Wisconsin?
I'm living in Green Bay, but willing to travel a few hours. I know there's not more than 2% blacks in Green Bay, but I still asked around here and no one knows where I can go. And most of the African Americans I've seen don't really seem to comb their hair.
PLEASE HELP! I can't get use to this.

Thanks.
Years ago the Packers used to fly-in a special barber every week for players. Nobody knew what a "fade" was in GB or how to cut it. My friend Erika recently moved to Dallas, but she used to venture all the way down to Oak Park, IL once a month to get her hair done because she didn't want to go to Milwaukee. Many Black women do hair privately in their homes. My friend Naquana's mom used to braid hair and stuff up in Upper Michigan, GB should be easier.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:58 PM

1 posts, read 8,952 times
Good advice jmkraft! I know what you mean. I am a born & raised individual from milwaukee and for over 15 years now I have been trying to find a hair stylist in milwaukee that speaks good english and a salon that is clean is very very hard to find - Need I say I am still looking, and chair hopping and I had long long hair and now its almost gone. Pretty much of all of the black hair salons here in milwaukee are dirty in appearance, the hair stylist are tacky in appearance and totally unprofessional. Needless to say that they know nothing about the up-keep for healthy hair. Piling on hair duke and hair grease and hair spray and slapping on wig attachments is not a recipe for healthy hair. And another thing the FLAT IRON is not the answer to hair maintenance. MILWAUKEE HAIR STYLIST (and people who have moved here from chicago and other places to cash in on the WELFARE PROGRAM, YOU TOO!!!) PLEASE GO BACK TO BEAUTY SCHOOL AND TAKE A ETIQUETTE course too. This should help you in upward progression on the beauty scene and your personal life goals as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin