Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2013, 09:09 AM

1,081 posts, read 548,908 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have been considering the Appleton area. We are planning a visit this month and would be placing offers on homes with in 4-6 weeks.

We don't have a buyer's agent yet. We didn't want to contact an agent before deciding "Yes, we want to live here." However, there are several homes we are interested in that have open houses coming up.

I was reading about.com's home buying tips and one of the items was Open House Protocol. It stated in some areas arriving at an open house with out an agent is frowned up.

Does this pertain to the Appleton area? Would it be rude to show up with out an agent for an open house?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 10:15 AM

114 posts, read 231,930 times
i would say around here that most of the time the agents do not go with to look at open house, the agent that is showing the house will usually have a sign in and there will be some questions on it like do you have a realtor, or they will just ask. my husband and i just bought a house in menasha (its right next to appleton) and we never went with out realtor to open houses just on private showings. good luck hope this helps.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:34 PM

19 posts, read 28,463 times
Aklapps is correct. You do not need to have a realtor present when going to open houses around here. The only time you need a realtor is if you want to see the inside of a house on a day that isn't an open house. Be aware that the realtor (if listed with a realtor and not for sale by owner) will be at the home during the open house and ask you to sign in on a sheet. Typically they ask for your name, address, and phone number. If you don't want to be called by a ton of realtors, simply say no thank you to signing in (they can't make you) or just list your name and no other info. Most realtors are nice about it, but you always get that aggressive one in the bunch.

Open houses are a fun and stress-free way to see lots of home without a realtor on your heels.

Have fun and good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin