Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 11:48 AM

5 posts, read 15,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maevel View Post
Hi All
We're white parents to 6 black children and looking for a quiet, clean place to raise them. We've heard WI is a great place to live. Any suggestions for wonderful, tolerant, FRIENDLY places to live that are affordable? Any places to stay away from?
Thanks,
Maeve in Olympia, WA
WE ARE IN LOUISVILLE KY....YOU WOULD LOVE IT ITS PRODOMENANTLY BLACK, BUT STAY AWAY FROM THE WEST END, THEY STILL FEEL OPPRESSED BY WHITE PEOPLE, THERE USING THE SLAVE CARD TO MUCH HERE, THERE WORDS LIKE i'M FIXEN, OR iM FUNNA,MY CUSSIN,ITS RIDICULOUS, WE ARE NOT RACIST, BUT THEY ARE TO US,LIKE BILL COSBY SAID, THEY FOUGHT FOR THE RIGHT TO GOT TO SCHOOL ...SO USE IT!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 02:02 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvuzs View Post
WE ARE IN LOUISVILLE KY....YOU WOULD LOVE IT ITS PRODOMENANTLY BLACK, BUT STAY AWAY FROM THE WEST END, THEY STILL FEEL OPPRESSED BY WHITE PEOPLE, THERE USING THE SLAVE CARD TO MUCH HERE, THERE WORDS LIKE i'M FIXEN, OR iM FUNNA,MY CUSSIN,ITS RIDICULOUS, WE ARE NOT RACIST, BUT THEY ARE TO US,LIKE BILL COSBY SAID, THEY FOUGHT FOR THE RIGHT TO GOT TO SCHOOL ...SO USE IT!!!!
Uhm.... the post you're responding to is 2 and a half years old, and the poster hasn't been back since.

BTW, keyboards can be had for cheap. You might want go get one with a caps lock key that works.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:06 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agapeseeker View Post
Thanks for your replies, Mpla and Geechie North! So in a nutshell, the children if we were to have any, may experience problems with identity on the African American side, and due to lack of diversity in the school system. My future husband and I, due to no direct contact with my race, some of the elderly citizens of small places, such as New London, and Clintonville, will not like that we are there--together--and scrutiny may exists. Some have only learned by what was passed down and choose to hang onto that resistant to change is what I have experienced here in the South...and it cuts both ways.

May I share the following:The choice to embrace love and commonalities is a choice, God has no respect of persons, why is it in such a country, whose anthem sings proudly, "the land of the free and the home of the Brave", are some people choosing to keep THEMSELVES in bondage, while seeking to alienate at the same time. Christ died for all, his blood is red, so is mine, yours, everyone. We are a beautiful array of colors, and this same array will be seen in Heaven as well...why is it so hard to repent, to forgive...to forgive. I know this is not a perfect country, or world, but selfishness and hatred and ignorance to the truth appears to the root of bigotry of any one color. Jesus said, as he has loved us to love one another, and went to the cross, sacrificing his life for ALL of us....then rose again on the third day with all power and all victory, he reigns for ever. So with all of that being said...why should any one be bound to chains of the past, legacies of hatred from the past to be passed down to their children, and their children's children, etc....when CHRIST HAS SET US FREE from all of that.

Peace, love and blessings to all of you!
Agapeseeker
And this is how we should be thinking.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:37 AM

6 posts, read 18,504 times
Thanks pirate_lafitte, and, I noticed, fellow Georgian! I appreciate your response. What would help us to think more along those lines?

Have a nice day!

Old 05-05-2009, 02:57 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agapeseeker View Post
Thanks pirate_lafitte, and, I noticed, fellow Georgian! I appreciate your response. What would help us to think more along those lines?

Have a nice day!
As for how to think along the lines you are talking about, I am taking a cue from your username, Agape, and the meaning of agape. That would be part of the solution.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:29 AM

6 posts, read 18,504 times
Well said, friend, I concur.....Have a wonderful day!

Old 11-24-2009, 12:19 PM

4 posts, read 10,146 times
Looking for a place to be near wausau-i am a wife and have 3 children.my husband and i are enrolled at rasmussen college.we have really liked the idea of being up north and we don't mind the weather.please help us out. I am in florida and my # is 352-499-0013 i would love someone to call and help out or even send me an e-mail.

Old 12-03-2009, 06:51 AM

136 posts, read 424,120 times
Stay to the northern part of the state as the population are are bunch of good folks and good values in the smaller towns of Northern Wisconsin.Stay away from Madison & Milwaukee areas if you can help it.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:41 AM

8,289 posts, read 23,115,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaving123 View Post
Stay to the northern part of the state as the population are are bunch of good folks and good values in the smaller towns of Northern Wisconsin.Stay away from Madison & Milwaukee areas if you can help it.
So no nice people with good values in Madison or Milwaukee???
You have Middleton, Madison, Waukesha, Mequon, Waukesha County all places that are highly rated as among the best places to raise a family. I can think of a bunch of great small towns between Milwaukee and Madison.

Lake Mills
Delafield
Oconomowoc
Verona
Cambridge
Fort Atkinson
Wales
Hartland
North Lake
Cedarburg
Port Washington

Old 08-01-2010, 01:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,658 times
I had lived in this area for most of my life and found they are in fact very tight - knit. Then I moved to the southwest and experienced the same thing in reverse.. The Native Americans and 'others 'like to be tight- knit also... I guess it is not just the whites...I have found a few from every culture tolorant, but depends on the area and situation, I am sure if it gets down to it we all pretty much stick to our own kind because it is more comfortable...lol...take care!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin