Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 02:05 PM

300 posts, read 349,923 times

Advertisements

For me, I miss:

*Better freeways and highways
*Wisconsin Dells
*A wide range of custard establishments
*friends I grew up with
*No property tax on vehicle
*Low sales tax on car purchases
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 07:58 AM

2,670 posts, read 3,870,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
How funny - I work frequently with a company in Oregon, and you've described them to a t. I wouldn't have thought it a statewide characteristic, though! 😄 That said, I'd caution against calling it a lefty characteristic. Until recently, Wisconsin swung left, too.

Weird personality quirks are a trait of the left.

I know well what WI politics are like. Born and raised in the Soddom and Gomorra of Madison.
Lived there through the dark Jim Doyle days and before when property taxes increased at double digit rates annually. Congrats to getting better in last several years.

There used to be some old, crazy coot from Madison in the legislature (Risser??). Said the craziest things. Is that Bernie Sanders clone still around?

Old 06-27-2016, 08:08 AM

1,261 posts, read 954,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccjarider View Post

I know well what WI politics are like. Born and raised in the Soddom and Gomorra of Madison.
Lived there through the dark Jim Doyle days and before when property taxes increased at double digit rates annually. Congrats to getting better in last several years.

There used to be some old, crazy coot from Madison in the legislature (Risser??). Said the craziest things. Is that Bernie Sanders clone still around?
I'm still waiting for my property taxes to get better! I'm now paying $500 more a year than I was when Walker was voted in to office and I'm paying more in fees to use the state parks, bike trails and public schools.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:10 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,045,818 times
Quote:
I'm still waiting for my property taxes to get better! I'm now paying $500 more a year than I was when Walker was voted in to office and I'm paying more in fees to use the state parks, bike trails and public schools.
And that's how things work with people like Walker, pay more and get less, the breaks go to their friends. I'm ok with paying more, if I get more.

Quote:
Pure gold.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:29 AM

1,261 posts, read 954,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
And that's how things work with people like Walker, pay more and get less, the breaks go to their friends. I'm ok with paying more, if I get more.

Pure gold.
Agreed on both counts!

Old 06-27-2016, 09:37 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,584,439 times
Quote:

Haha, hilarious! You move from WI to Oregon. You must be hating yourself every single day. Classic.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:32 PM

404 posts, read 481,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Haha, hilarious! You move from WI to Oregon. You must be hating yourself every single day. Classic.

Old 06-27-2016, 12:39 PM

8,295 posts, read 23,146,424 times
We travel a lot and one of the things I enjoy when we get back over the state line is "normal people", while other parts of the country are a lot more beautiful at least we have normal people.

Old 06-27-2016, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post

Hating myself?? - No - state politics hardly determines one's self worth.

But, since you brought it up, Oregon politics are crazy stupid but generally in a more harmless way than Madison democrats.

While income tax is high here, the rate does not change and has not in years. Property tax increases are out of politicians hands unless they can get a local referendum and there is no sales tax.

I'm not saying it's a cheap place - it is not.
It is just that you don't have the ups and downs every year like a WI property tax bill used to be when Democrats ran Madison and catered to teacher's union.

Also - one can make good $ here as noted in my earlier post. Whacky states lead to whacky people.

Old 06-27-2016, 02:15 PM

Quote:

I suspect if Doyle/Democrats still ran Madison, your property taxes would be much higher Ala Illinois.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin