Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2008, 09:01 AM

656 posts, read 1,309,826 times

Advertisements

yes sue take pics!! and be careful and have a safe trip
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 08:53 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,613,376 times
Wow, What a hot day! Tomorrow(Tuesday) is looking to be downright hot as well. Then tons of relief after that! Go figure the longest day of the work week for me and it's going to be close to 90! Grrr.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:39 AM

620 posts, read 1,839,001 times
I'm in the same boat as you, Josh and will be so glad to have this day over! Rest of the week though looks refreshing. And to boot, my garage door opener just broke - what a way to start a day. Oh well - could be worse. Let's keep the hurricane region in our prayers!!

Old 09-02-2008, 10:32 AM

14,327 posts, read 14,623,274 times
Sue have a safe trip to WVA! Hopefully all these storms lined up in the Atlantic won't have an impact on your trip! Thank goodness they were better prepared in New Orleans this time.

I had a busy weekend, my sister came down from the UP for 5 days. TR had ther 3rd annual kite fest and it was awesome. All those kites over the lake what a sight! Some are huge and cost thousands of $. The sport kites that they fly in formation are fun and the kites at night with twinkling lights were great, too!

We went over to Manitowoc several times to see the Badger come in and to watch all the Harley's come off to head down to Milwaukee. We decided we'll take it over to Ludington in the end of Sept. stay overnight onboard, take it back the next a.m. I'm the only one in my family that hasn't taken it yet. And me being the ship lover!

Old 09-02-2008, 03:50 PM

Sounds like you had fun Susan! Kites are always fun to fly.

Old 09-07-2008, 01:00 PM

Wow, What beautiful weather. Only 70 degrees here in Portage, 49% humidity and 50 degree dew point. I don't think it could be much more beautiful! I wish it was like this year around with a few weeks of snow.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:49 PM

14,327 posts, read 14,623,274 times
Me, too, Josh! My kind of weather, warm days, cool nights!Everyone was out and about today, I was doing yard work saw lots of bikers, walkers, kids on skates, a super day.

I took a break found another park with access to Lake Michigan that I wasn't aware of by the Coast Guard Station. I knew the station was there but didn't realize there is a public access road, too. You could walk along the lake over to the public beach. Two Rivers has lots of paths and parks for a small town.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:46 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,336,746 times
We took a road trip an hour west to take in a matinee at American Players Theatre outside of Spring Green today, and it was absolutely perfect weather: warm but not hot, sunny with occasional clouds and a nice breeze to keep us comfy. And of course, as always, the play (Eugene O'Niel's "Ah, Wilderness") was superb, as was the acting.

Wonderful September weekend! It'll be hard to get back into the grind tomorrow, but we'll all manage somehow. Have a good week, all.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwesternBookWorm View Post
We took a road trip an hour west to take in a matinee at American Players Theatre outside of Spring Green today, and it was absolutely perfect weather: warm but not hot, sunny with occasional clouds and a nice breeze to keep us comfy. And of course, as always, the play (Eugene O'Niel's "Ah, Wilderness") was superb, as was the acting.

Wonderful September weekend! It'll be hard to get back into the grind tomorrow, but we'll all manage somehow. Have a good week, all.

Sounds like you had an awesome day! I know what you mean by getting back into the grind. I hate Mondays!

Old 09-08-2008, 09:58 AM

431 posts, read 1,641,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Farmers Almanac online says above normal temps & below normal precip this winter.

2009 Upper Midwest Long-Range Weather Forecast and Prediction - The Old Farmer's Almanac

I really hope that you are right I don't think that I could take that much snow again. It always seem to snow when my DH is out of town and I am left to blow out our drive way and make sure the water didn't freeze in the horse trough or in the lines. Plus I really don't want to have to get the ax out to try and open the barn door again. This has just been a strange year for out weather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin