Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2009, 07:46 AM

647 posts, read 1,664,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Forum is really slow, people are busy or hibernating! This weekend temps are to rebound in the 30's I think so better for being out and about! Hank hope the gymnastics go well!
Thanks Susan,

This is my step daughter's 1st year of competition. I think she likes it. She definitely likes getting the medals when she does good. We're hoping she continues to do well, like she did at her last meet where she took 2nd in the all-around and was 1st and 2nd's throughout the 4 events.

I like it because it's good photo ops for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 09:08 AM

14,324 posts, read 14,623,274 times
Sounds good and wonderful for her to be doing this. These days with all the outside influences, good having an activity that she likes and excells, too!

Two Rivers/Manitowoc has programs and when there are festivals, events in town, they perform, kids are awesome, so enthusiastic!

Old 02-04-2009, 04:24 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,592,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Forum is really slow, people are busy or hibernating! This weekend temps are to rebound in the 30's I think so better for being out and about! Hank hope the gymnastics go well!
Heat wave!! Word is, we could break 40 degrees this weekend :-)

So did you guys hear that some areas broke 100-year-old temperature records in January? I'm talking lower than normal temps. First we had December w/ record-breaking snowfalls, now this. I'll have to see if I can dig up the article that I read on that. Makes me wonder what February has in store for us....

Old 02-04-2009, 04:29 PM

I was thinking because of the broken records (cold and snow) that February might give us break! I know we can get measurable snow in Feb. but I'm hoping NOT!

Normal temperature in January would be mid-twenties and we didn't see even close to that most of the month.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:29 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,592,370 times
Found it. Was a little off in saying that it broke 100 yr old records...but it was still darn cold!

Top 15 Cold January Across Much of Area
Quote:
Top 15 Cold January Across Much of AreaAverage temperatures across many parts of north-central and northeast Wisconsin for this January are running about 5 to 8 degrees below normal. This will make January 2009 one of the top 15 coldest in about 100 years of weather records.
Quote:
PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GREEN BAY WI
851 AM CST SUN FEB 1 2009

...10TH COLDEST JANUARY IN APPLETON...

THE AVERAGE TEMPERATURE IN APPLETON DURING JANUARY WAS
10.3 DEGREES OR 5.7 DEGREES BELOW NORMAL. JANUARY 2009 WILL
GO DOWN IN THE RECORD BOOKS AS THE 10TH COLDEST JANUARY ON
RECORD.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:29 AM

647 posts, read 1,664,040 times
....crickets......

WAKE UP PEOPLE.....IT'S TOO QUIET IN HERE!!!!!!!!!

So we went to Sheboygan last weekend. That is a nice town. I've never been there before. I could see myself living there. I would need to have a view of the Lake though.

This weekend is Green Bay. I'm hoping Circuit City hasn't shut it's doors yet. I want to see the prices of their cameras, although from what I've been reading, the prices of everything are higher than what Best Buy sells their stuff for

NOW LET'S GET TO POSTING!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-10-2009, 07:05 AM

It has been very quiet on the "boards", I've been hiding out over at Weather and Garden area, Illinois now and then!

I've been meaning to get to Circuit City to look at smaller flat screen TVs. I know they aren't as great as the bigger versions but I have a small TV sitting on a bookcase in my livingroom and a flat screen would work better.

I like Sheboygan, too but ended up choosing Two Rivers because of it being a smaller town! OK, gorgeous day, time to get out for a walk!

Last edited by susancruzs; 02-10-2009 at 07:14 AM..

Old 02-10-2009, 03:03 PM

1,085 posts, read 3,568,079 times
I can understand why Circuit City is going out of business.

We went to get my wife a new computer right before Christmas. I had check them out online that morning, knew which one I wanted, the price, everything. I called them up before we left, it's almost a fifty mile drive, I told him which model I wanted asked him if they had it in stock and their price. The price was the same as it was online. Great!! We drove over there (Appleton), the guy I talked to was busy but we got another salesman. He rings it up, it comes up as twenty dollars more. So I went thru this whole explanation, no he can't give it to me for the price I was quote. I asked to get the guy I talked on the phone, he comes over, I explain to him the whole problem again. He remembers me, goes looks up on their computer, sure enough it's listed for twenty dollars less, shows the other salesman. He rings it up again, again for twenty dollars more. I asked for the manager, the manager comes over, looks in the computer, it now listed for what they are trying to charge me. I asked him to bring the other guy that showed me before so he could verify that it WAS for twenty dollars less. He flat out told me the price was what it came up on the register, take it or leave it. I asked him who the district manager was and for his phone number. He gave it to me but told me it would not do me any good. I couldn't get a hold of the guy for a couple of days but he explained to me that there had been an error on their ad on the internet for two hours on the day I purchased it. He credited my account for the twenty bucks!!
Hey, it was only twenty bucks but it got to be the principal of the thing.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:12 PM

6 posts, read 19,524 times
Hello, everyone. I've been kind of down because my husband didn't get a job we were really hoping he would get. We visited the town and even found a house. So, it's back to the drawing board for us. Well, as our friends are telling us, if it's meant to be, it will be! So, our move to Wisconsin is postponed...

Old 02-10-2009, 07:14 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,063,792 times
Hello Fellow Wisconsinians( sorry I cant think of any other name) I am from Indiana, thought I would drop in and say hello.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin