Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2009, 07:48 AM

14,324 posts, read 14,623,274 times

Advertisements

Thinking about the bright lights, kind of funny because I prefer not to use them! Just me, I guess!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 11:03 AM

4,229 posts, read 17,613,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesoranges View Post
Tailgating is a huge problem in Wisconsin and a form of harrassment. As soon as you hit Indiana or going West, Missouri, you don't find that. In fact there is hardly any of that. It's wonderful and the way it should be. I don't know why Wisconsinites and alot of Chicagoans do that?! Do they have some kind of anger issue? Seems that way to me and alot of others.

Your going to get a bad apple anywhere you go. This guy posed a threat to not only his family and friends and passengers but other motorist as well. He was clueless about the speed limit, his tailgating, bright lights. You need to know whats going on in order to operate something in a safe manner. That guy was sweating it when we stopped him and he was a little confused. Nothing related to alcohol consumption or influence of drugs. He was just paranoid about deer. We reassured that the safety of other motorist should come before his need to use bright lights in order to see a deer.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:13 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,063,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesoranges View Post
Tailgating is a huge problem in Wisconsin and a form of harrassment. As soon as you hit Indiana or going West, Missouri, you don't find that. In fact there is hardly any of that. It's wonderful and the way it should be. I don't know why Wisconsinites and alot of Chicagoans do that?! Do they have some kind of anger issue? Seems that way to me and alot of others.

Your about 98% right about Indiana their.( the 2% representing the out of staters passing through)

Today when I was coming back from Lieber and Cataract State Parks' heading home along I-70 we got around MP 45 or so and this one car got right on our bumper acting like it was going to ram us but then like 30 seconds later he backed down and that was the last we saw of them. They were from New York???

For the most part Indiana is like Germany people move to the right when they see a vehicle approaching fast from behind.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:07 PM

9 posts, read 23,064 times
Well - it was a beautiful weekend in Wisconsin, even if it was a little on the cool side for August. But never worry - it will warm up as the kids get ready to head back to school.

A great beach to check out for all the beach lovers is the one at Lakefront Park in the Village of Pewaukee. Not far from the intersection of Hwy 16 and Capitol drive it is less than 30 minutes from downtown Milwaukee, free and it's a very nice clean beach with a great gently slope in the water. Across the street is a Chocolate Factory (an ice cream/sandwhich place for those mot familiar), a mexican restaurant, an upscale piano type bar and a couple of bakeries within walking distance. Wednesdays are Waterfront Wed. with a different band every time and Thursdays the local Water Ski team puts on a show. Don't forget all the weekend activities. Check it out some time!

Old 08-04-2009, 10:48 AM

8,289 posts, read 23,115,233 times
I thought I would just share this story. So last Saturday me and two other buddies decided to take his 18ft boat out on LK.Michigan. It's a 1960's boat deep V with a 85hr outboard on it. His boat does really well out on Lake Michigan where you can get waves as high as 4-6 ft which is common but more common is the 1-3ft range. So we left for Racine which BTW has a really nice marina and beach. We spend the day on the beach in Racine then at 9pm head back to Milwaukee which by boat is a 25mile trip. The waves had picked up a bit so we could only go 15-20mph without beating the hull to death. After we rounded Wind Point we started taking on water, no big deal it wasn't a lot at this point but then the bilge pump failed and now it's 10pm 4 miles off of shore and it's pitch black out and all we can see is little clusters of light on land. So my buddy is bailing water I'm driving and my other buddy is now bring items up toward the bow b/c the water is coming over the back floor boards. At this point the water is coming up to the seats and I'm going full throttle to try to make it to land, either we are going to beach this thing or go down. We made it in to South Milwaukee Yacht Club who helped get our boat out of the water. Needless to say it was a fun Saturday night out on Michigan. After we pulled the boat out we saw a crack in the bottom of the boat about 6-8inches long.

Note to self: Be careful when driving a boat that is 40 some years old, one of the seams just mike go!

Old 08-04-2009, 02:43 PM

Wow, Milwaukee city that's one heck of a story.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:07 PM

14,324 posts, read 14,623,274 times
Oh, my gosh, what a story! Glad you guys are o.k. and all is well, you three will be talking about this for a very long time! Any of you good swimmers???

Old 08-04-2009, 08:08 PM

Sign of the times... A good friend of mine just lost his job as a police officer due to budget constraints. The whole department has been dissolved. I hate to see something like this as it means more calls for the County sheriff's to respond to, thus delaying response time.

Things just don't seem to be looking up =(.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:12 PM

647 posts, read 1,664,040 times
Well, I just got done with my photo judging at the fair. Out of 19 that I entered I got a 2nd, 3 4th's, and a 5th. I'm pretty pleased, being that it was the 1st time I ever entered and there were close to 1300 entries.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:50 PM

Good Job, Joe!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin