Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 06:54 PM

330 posts, read 1,095,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by laundrymistress View Post
Is this crazy or what?
The bank doesn't want their money??
for as sick and twisted as this is....why would the bank want the money....the government is going to bail them out anyway!

this is so wrong, i can't even begin to imagine how this is even possible....why would a bank let it go for 18 months in the first place???? no landlord would let that happen.....you'd be evicted within 6 weeks...just the thought of this upsets me.

reminds me of a story i saw on the TODAY show the other week....some guy (and his family) have a nice $350K house....but he wants to build his "Dream House"....so he builds a $550K house (before selling the first house) so he's making $7000/month payments....loses his job, economy starts to flush itself down the toilet.....he BUYS A THIRD HOUSE (at a steal because of the economy) and let's the first two go into foreclosure!!!! How does this even happen? Responsible people are having to bail these jerks out! oooo, the more I think about it, the more upset I get....

I'm so sorry for your situation, I feel awful for you.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 11:17 PM

43 posts, read 110,716 times
Tekape, we sure think alike! What the heck are these guys getting away with?!?!?! Exactly what I think, no landlord would ever let anyone stay for free for 18 months! But, it is amazing the people who defend the guy. They must be doing the same thing.....otherwise why would you think that this was not a problem?

We are all paying for this....everyday. One way or another.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,350 times
Yeah i am currently in this situation. My landlord had a heart attack and handed over his property obligations to a family member. We didn't know this but prior to his heart attack he hadn't paid any taxes or the mortgage for what would be a year. The bank foreclosed on the apartment (4plex) and told me and my girlfriend (both of us make minimum wage and barely make it as it is) that we have 30 days to move out. I live in depere wisconsin. It's roughly 2.5 weeks until christmas..and there is a foot of snow outside. Not only can we not afford to move..but we can't afford a new place. Also we can't find anywhere that's even renting. What it seems like we will have to do is put our valuables in storage and live in a family members house on the other side of town. When we both share a car and work opposite shifts (i can usually walk to work from this location). The landlord was collecting rent from us the whole time they knew they were being foreclosed. Never told us anything. Promised to fix parts of the house (electric wiring was connected to another apartment and we were paying for other peoples electricity) and the basement is connected to our house so we were paying for the landlords washingmachine and dryer and electricity. Once the bank got in contact with us they said we needed to pay a majority of that years rent because aparently the landlord claimed we never paid it. She said she had no reciepts (when she clearly wrote them out in front of us). We then get stuck with a multi hundred dollar water bill because our lease ended 6 months ago and we were on a month to month basis. After our lease ended the landlord decided that the rent no longer included water (which isn't just $ for water it's garbage pickup and several local things like fire dept/rescue). Not to mention we were paying for her water too Now the bank shows up whenever they please with potential buyers for the house and break into our door if we don't answer the door. Today in fact they were literally kicking it in and we decided to answer and were greeted by a potential buyer just walking right in and looking at our place. Looks like there is no god after all. Looks like we will be spending christmas living in a storage facility. God bless america and the parasites that feed off the poor. What's worse is the bank wasn't going to initially evict us. They wanted to keep us there to probably pay off some of the mortgage and taxes remaining on the house. They fed us lies and said we would have a place to live for a long time. They said they were going to fix parts of our house that were causing increases in utility bills (dripping faucets/weather stripping/faulty worn windows with no storm windows). Instead they bring over a potential buyer that barges in our house after nearly kicking down the door. Yes a 60 year old lady and she says "great ill probably be moving into this one here and my family can take the other apartments." yes. great indeed. i guess its time to take advantage of that hole in the main stairwell's roof that leaks water in at a pouring rate. when that water freezes i think i will slip and break a limb. Maybe the settlement will be enough to put a down payment on a house of my own. Seeing as that's how the world really works aparently. At least i wouldn't be robbing the poor that way either. Rich insurance company's can take a little slam..but broke people trying to survive being put out on the street...i hope they burn in hell and their families too. **** this country and its bull**** loopholes. What's worse is nobody cares. Not unless you're rich or paying them to care. And they say communism is bad? ROFL. /hugs stalin.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,165 times
got a forcloser notice on my property. Only have been renting for 3 months. Do I still need to keep giving these people rent $$$?

Old 03-19-2009, 02:07 PM

4,362 posts, read 6,532,538 times
Folks with this type of problem have something in common, they are dealing with someone else's neglegence. My advice would be this, have an escrow account opened in regards to the rent money and force the Landlord to have to go through channels to even touch it. Might be if it's a case where it's deemed intentional, you may just end up getting it back.

This type of action protects you from being evicted for non payment and from you giving the money to a dead beat landlord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
View detailed profiles of: