Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 01:46 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times

Advertisements

I really get annoyed having to smile and talk to coworkers kids and grand kids on more than one ocassion. Is it because it's summer time? Damm, this one worker brings her 14 year old daughter to the job once or twice a week. And I hate that I have to jeep watching what I say because a 14 year old is sitting behind me. Damm, I'm so looking to the forward to FALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone have this experience at their job?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 03:11 PM

1,378 posts, read 4,360,705 times
I have a job where this guy is supposed to be at work at 9:00. That doesn't sound early, but he can't get to work on before 9:30, even though he lives just ten minutes away. Then he sits on his ass for 30 minutes eating a bagel while everyone else is busting their butts covering his slack until he saunters in the office at 10:00.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongtimeBravesFan View Post
I have a job where this guy is supposed to be at work at 9:00. That doesn't sound early, but he can't get to work on before 9:30, even though he lives just ten minutes away. Then he sits on his ass for 30 minutes eating a bagel while everyone else is busting their butts covering his slack until he saunters in the office at 10:00.
I work with a guy like that too but he leaves at 7pm and not not at 6pm on the nose like some employees.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:20 PM

45,327 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I work with a guy like that too but he leaves at 7pm and not not at 6pm on the nose like some employees.

But those employees get to work on time and didn't have to have their schedules changed and can complete their tasks in a timely manner.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
But those employees get to work on time and didn't have to have their schedules changed and can complete their tasks in a timely manner.
Not really according to how they say they need to catch up.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:28 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
When I worked at a company (large pharma giant), I used to stroll in around 10:30-11... and leave around 6-7, only to work from home. There's nothing wrong with it in my opinion as long as you're willing to take the consequences or have an agreement with management. I just didn't care. My work was not interdependent with anyone else, and I always got it done on time.

DId it for 2 years, then finally got promoted to manager and continued to do i for another 4 years before I quit to move onto something else.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:33 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,837,211 times
Quote:
I really get annoyed having to smile and talk to coworkers kids and grand kids on more than one ocassion. Is it because it's summer time? Damm, this one worker brings her 14 year old daughter to the job once or twice a week. And I hate that I have to jeep watching what I say because a 14 year old is sitting behind me. Damm, I'm so looking to the forward to FALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water........

Old 08-08-2010, 03:36 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
Quote:

No..........never in my career.

I worked at real jobs,however and not telemarketing.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:39 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
Quote:

What would you do or say differently if the 14 year old kid was not around?

Old 08-08-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
What would you do or say differently if the 14 year old kid was not around?
Things that I feel comfortable saying around adults
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment