Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2010, 11:23 PM

251 posts, read 641,421 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone. I had an interview last Friday with Verizon Wireless for a retail sales position. The interview went really well. It lasted about 25 minutes. The interviewer was telling me all about the hours, pay, where I would train, basically everything I'd need to know before starting.

After the interview she said she really looked forward to talking with me again and said should I be hired, I'd need to fill out a background check, which she would already go on and let me fill out the paperwork for. She had a few more people to interview, but said she was looking to make a decision soon and would be in contact with me.

It's now Thursday and I haven't heard anything yet. I'm wondering if I should call and follow up on the interview, or just sit tight for a few more days and wait? I know background checks can take a while, but I really would like to have this job. Just thought I'd get some opinions here. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 11:29 PM

126 posts, read 231,552 times
I'd be sitting and waiting. It is Thankgiving this week. Who knows if she is even working this week. Plus, if you are going to get the job, she will call.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:28 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,029,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnK78 View Post
I'd be sitting and waiting. It is Thankgiving this week. Who knows if she is even working this week. Plus, if you are going to get the job, she will call.
Agreed. If she wants you she'll call.

Old 12-04-2010, 03:36 PM

148 posts, read 409,178 times
Did u get the job? I was suppose to hear about an interview Tuesday before Thanksgiving but did not hear until Monday after. As suspected, things were busy and everyone was in vacation mode.

Old 12-06-2010, 01:15 PM

251 posts, read 641,421 times
I called last Monday. I had interviewed 2 weeks before. The girl I talked to told me her manager hadn't made a decision yet regarding the job but I should be hearing something last Wednesday. I still haven't heard from them so I'm just going to assume I didn't get the job.

Old 11-24-2012, 10:39 AM

1 posts, read 984 times
The one bad thing about waiting, is, if it takes too long for a decision to be made and you continue looking for a job, you get hired by another company. By the time the first company gets back to you and says you're hired, you've already accepted another position. I am still waiting for a call for a job I interviewed for on Halloween. It's 11/24, I called HR 11/17 and was told that 1 of the 2 positions was filled and that I didn't get that position. She said they hadn't filled the second position yet. She also stated that if I didn't get it that I would get an automated email stating the info. It's been another week, so, I called the lady that interviewed me and left her a message on Friday. I really want this job and would love to work there.
Did I do the right thing? Some advisers say not to call, I read that too late. I think in today's job market we are ciompeting with so many others that someone is going to have to create new rules, People are desperate and companies can pick and choose from a lot of people.

Last edited by sylvia123499; 11-24-2012 at 12:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment