Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 11:19 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValueAddedWorker View Post
You're right on the money there. I'm kept in a part time no benefits position with no raise except for occasional performance bonuses and it's been like this for 4 years. A former colleague scoffed at the idea of staying that long in a stagnant position. He asked: don't you have higher aspirations? Then I told him about the morning issue and how this job works best with my issues. He nodded that he understood, but I don't think he really did...he on the other hand is a top performer, not to mention an early bird.

And yes people who started after me did go onto promotions and more responsibility. This trend finally started to change last year though. Previously only full timers got to do certain extra projects and once a new supervisor was appointed, I volunteered for the projects and got some. I was applauded for my initiative in my performance review. By the way, speaking of the review, do you think I still have a job to go to Monday?
You've divulged on previous posts your specific medical condition which allegedly prohibits you from getting to work on time. It's a rather non-specific and medically under-documented condition whose exacerbation seems more reliant on physical disabilities manifested through psychological issues rather than physical problems in and of themselves.

You've been given good advice on how to overcome the problem by going to bed earlier and arising earlier but there's always been a rebuttal from you based on "bad neighbors" above you who disturb you by walking around. Always an excuse as to why you can't circumvent your problem and perform to the standard that your employers require.

Will you have a job to go to on Monday? Probably, but you've been on borrowed time for quite a long time now. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 11:37 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
And you will continue seeing newer employees promoted while nothing changes in your situation, other than, the token cost of living (not merit) increase every year or two. I have relatives, who also don't get it, in similar dire straights. I can project their payrate at any point in time as minimum wage as regulated by state plus additional 1-2 quarters per hour. They have also watched colleagues move up to positions a few dollars more per hour, in far less time.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:05 AM

924 posts, read 2,230,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
And you will continue seeing newer employees promoted while nothing changes in your situation, other than, the token cost of living (not merit) increase every year or two..
Actually there's been a wage freeze with no increase at all for a few years now. Not even a token 2% for cost of living, etc. increases. Many people would have quit by now to find greener pastures but I'm in it for the long haul. If I make it to 5 years, I get an extra week of vacation / year. Yahoo!

Anyway, back on topic...here are some results from my performance review...
Overall, I met expectations, which is just fine by me. Get these comments from management:
-VAW's dependability has improved in 2010. He's arriving to work more punctually and calls in case he will come in late. He has also been very accommodating to last minute schedule changes. We encourage him to keep aiming for an earlier start in 2011.
-VAW works well with his team members and supervisor, and contributes to meet team objectives.
-VAW worked hard to improve his industry knowledge and in particular his overall communication, punctuality and efficiency. He took on additional tasks such as writing content for (some procedures, special reports). He also adapted well to the higher workload of (his market), by extending his hours to 5 days a week.
-----

Ha ha, they recognize my improvements in punctuality...just when you guys think I could be fired at any moment.
However I'll concede that both management and I recognize there's still room for improvement. Oh yeah, and they also think I should be less detail oriented and can work faster. Hmmm...trying to squeeze more productivity out of me for the same rate, I don't think I'll push myself to the max when I'm still on a part time payroll with no raise in years. What motivation do I have to do so? Just not to get hassled as much? We'll have to see about that.

Last edited by ValueAddedWorker; 03-18-2011 at 12:17 AM..

Old 03-18-2011, 12:52 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,182,182 times
Quote:
Umm, I've never come 2 hours late and especially not every day. I don't know where you come up with this fantasy Thursday007.
This is your defense of all your actions? Are you kidding me? See you don't even know half the stuff you spew out. If you search your thread posts you will find exactly where you, yourself, said that very thing. Maybe it was in one of your more inane threads which was deleted, but I have no use or motive to help you bury yourself in this hole you are in by making stuff up.

You were warned by poster after poster after poster about this very issue related to your tardiness in this thread.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/work-...ng-polite.html

People already told you what you should have done about this situation in that thread and here you are now on D-Day and are asking how to handle it. You were warned and heeded no one's advice.

Last edited by Thursday007; 03-18-2011 at 01:22 AM..

Old 03-18-2011, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
This is your defense of all your actions? Are you kidding me? See you don't even know half the stuff you spew out. If you search your thread posts you will find exactly where you, yourself, said that very thing. Maybe it was in one of your more inane threads which was deleted, but I have no use or motive to help you bury yourself in this hole you are in by making stuff up.
Ha ha Thursday007, you spew nonsense about my so called 2 hour lateness every day, I call you on it, and you can't even back up your claim? Obviously you prefer to troll my thread with lies. You sure write controversial accusations, but if you can't even back them up, guess how much integrity you have? Zero. Do yourself a favor and stay away from my thread if you can't even be honest about what I wrote in the past. P.s. you're on my ignore list (why did I choose to view your post, I don't know, plus I also reported you to the mods for trolling and lying on my thread. Enjoy the suspension!

Last edited by ValueAddedWorker; 03-18-2011 at 01:36 AM..

Old 03-18-2011, 08:05 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
Quote:
Ha ha Thursday007, you spew nonsense about my so called 2 hour lateness every day, I call you on it, and you can't even back up your claim? Obviously you prefer to troll my thread with lies. You sure write controversial accusations, but if you can't even back them up, guess how much integrity you have? Zero. Do yourself a favor and stay away from my thread if you can't even be honest about what I wrote in the past. P.s. you're on my ignore list (why did I choose to view your post, I don't know, plus I also reported you to the mods for trolling and lying on my thread. Enjoy the suspension!
No lies at all. Your previous threads and posts speak for themselves and amply attest to your tardiness. You can puff and strut and flex as much as you want but the bottom line is that you're in exactly the same rut you were in a year and more ago and will doubtless be in the same rut or worse (as in unemployed) a year from now.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:53 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,966,662 times
VA Post yesterday: "You're right on the money there. I'm kept in a part time no benefits position with no raise except for occasional performance bonuses and it's been like this for 4 years."

bobtn
"And you will continue seeing newer employees promoted while nothing changes in your situation, other than, the token cost of living (not merit) increase every year or two.."

STT, he can strut all he likes, but it stills just another minimum wage job, with token bonuses.

Old 03-18-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
You've had so many threads completely deleted to hide the evidence and heck even in the thread I reposted above you admit to being 45 minutes late everyday, blatantly acknowledging it's grounds for dismissal and you have also previously stated if you are going to be late you MUST call your supervisor and let them know - another faux pas on your point. I am not trolling your threads as everything I have posted to it is germane to the topic.

Old 03-18-2011, 10:10 PM

I think this thread has run it's course. It's the same broken record trolling as before. Everyone is either jealous of my flexible accommodating bosses who tolerate lateness now and then or you have trolls like Thursday007 who make up lies and when asked to quit posting these lies, continues to do so. I'm done.

Old 03-19-2011, 04:26 AM

They aren't lies VAW - just open and read your posts in the thread I linked on this very page. No one is spreading or posting lies - it's right there in black and white and there are several pages of discussion on the very issue of the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment