Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2011, 11:00 AM

5 posts, read 26,999 times

Advertisements

So my supervisor (we will call her sally) has been freaking out because my manager is threatening to fire her. As a result she has been trying to make everyone around her look bad and has gotten extremely mean to be around. She isn't feeling much better because I also have been asking my manager to train me to be a supervisor. So far she has threatened to write me up if anyone in the store loses the perfume keys. Even if it is not specifically my fault. I talked to a supervisor i could trust and he said not to worry about it and that the other supervisor sally is stupid. I can't get blamed for something that isn't my fault.
Then a few weeks later sally assigns me a task and gets yelled at by my manager for assigning me the wrong one. sally denies assigning me the incorrect task and lies, says that I chose to do that task. I overhear her saying this to my manager and immediately correct her. "sally you TOLD me to do this." right in front of my manager. he gets more mad at her and starts yelling at her for trying to make people look bad.
Then sally trains me to do a task and i accidentally get it wrong. then the manager yells at her for training me incorrectly and she denies ever training me to do this procedure.
Yesterday was the last straw. the district manager came in and unfortunately sally was the only person i could ask to assign me work was sally. she told me she had a project for me and made me wait 5 minutes idle in front of the district manager. since i dont trust sally i stopped waiting because i did not want to appear lazy so i walked away to a different supervisor to find a project to do. muniera starts screaming at me "WHERE ARE YOU GOING I TOLD YOU I HAD A PROJECT TO DO." then in a more calm tone she starts telling me she is concerned about my mental state and tells me i have a concentration issue. I respond by telling her i dont and i dont appreciate the disrespectful tone she is taking with me and shes like "im serious. you have a concentration issue" i just ignore her and accept the task she then gives me. later on i asked sally for clarification on her instructions and she says "that is such a stupid question." i respond that it isn't and that im just being a good communicator. she responds "you don't want to look stupid in front of other people do you?" at this rate my blood pressure is high and my face is red and i can't look like this because im in customer service. later on in the day i overhear her talking **** about one of the other supervisors. you know what is the best part? she has come to me accusing me of making HER look bad. complete lie.

this is causing me a lot of stress and any guidance is helpful. so far the manager is on my side and seems like he wants to promote me. but i just am scared that sally will make up so many lies that it will just cause us both to get fired.

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 11:38 AM

123 posts, read 245,719 times
Seems like Sally is about to be kicked out and these are her last pathetic attempts to keep her job.

As long as her superiors know you did nothing wrong, you should not worry.

Just try to stay out of her way and if possible ask for written confirmation/communication over the work given to you.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:59 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,356,633 times
Document what sally is doing, show how she is a drag on the company. Show what you would have done in similar situations and how your choices would have improved the bottom line. Set up a meeting with the manager and explain that things may be out of controll with Sally. Tell the manager that you have ideas on how to improve things and explain the ideas. Ask that at the very least that they offer some sort of management training for Sally. LOL

Old 06-24-2011, 02:00 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,377,352 times
Been in your situation, more times than I want to count. One time, I did get fired, along with several other people, until management decided to promote "betty" because she could not keep employees. Another time, management demoted "Betty", but not until I jumped through hoops for six months, with lots of undue stress. Last time, I took "Betty" to a mediation, nice to work for goverment where they have rules about bullies...Betty is now in a cage, she can't retaliate against me, but she hates me, makes for a really nice work environment...where you have to watch every move you make, like a game of cat and mouse, only the boss is the cat, waiting to pounce.

1. Look for another job, I am doing that now...I am not getting any bites...it is tough out there.
2. Hang in as much as you can, try to not let the stress get to you.

Old 06-28-2011, 04:13 AM

2,687 posts, read 7,411,614 times
Default Seems obvious..

Why Sally is getting fired. Management recognizes her nonsense and no longer wishes her to be a bad roll model...
K
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment