Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2011, 05:41 PM

104 posts, read 342,319 times

Advertisements

I went on an interview for my current employer. I was interview by three people the first person was the Human Resource recruiter she went over the company and gave me a general interview of my personality. She then told me the manager would interview me about the detail of the job.

The manager was the 2nd person to interview. Instead of giving me information about the job she began talking with a family member on her cellphone via text message. The only thing she mention about the job is that she is hard to work with.

Before I could reach home I had a message to call the Human Resource reccruiter back for a 2nd interview with the VP of Human Resources.

I was then interviewed with the VP of Human Resources and offer the job. I was told by the manager that I could not start until one month later. So I didnt look for anything else.

I started the position, upon reporting to work she gave me a pencil and sent me to work with another coworker who was a temp. I felt so sorry for this girl she had no trainning and was so afraid of the manager.

When I asked her questions about outdated work left on the desk she stated to me she was not able to do it because she could not get an answer.

I then began to go to the manager to build a relationship with her and try to find out what she wanted me to do. Well after the 2nd week I discovered I was the 7th person at this desk in less than a year time. All the other employees left because they could not work with this manager.

I began going to her and she would not answer any questions for me. Then she went back to the Human Resource recruiter and placed my position with an agency. Because I was working in Human Resources and paying people I refused to process work without guidance on what she wanted me to do.

I began to take this approach when my coworker who was working with her was overpaying employee 1000.00 and over in there paycheck and going back and taking all the money back under the manager instructions.

People was calling mad and angry daily because they all had no instructions with benefits and missing pay not to mention they would work 3 weeks and all of a sudden there paycheck was gone because we made an error.

I came in today after fighting to get a clear answer what the manager wanted from me. I see that she was rambling through my desk, too all my work and went in my draw and stole some cash I left in my draw.

When I asked her did she see the money she became very nasty and stormed out the office. I complained to Human Resources and no one did anything.

The money is one thing, but the whole department waits until the manager is not around to say anything. My coworker kisses the manager butt, this coworker desk is a mess, nothing gets done and the place is a nightmare.

I know that the economy is tough but I cannot take this anymore. I began sending out my resume and got 5 interviews in one week so I feel I can find another job but I hate leaving without another job lined up.

The manager has been leaving my work with the other coworker who is kissing her butt. The employees are calling mad because she can't do my work so I am constantly taking it back and doing it. Then the coworker talks to the manager and takes the credit for the work I am doing.

Meanwhile week after week her work is wrong, and late and her desk is a danger zone and I cant speak with no one that will address the issue.

I really want to just leave and wait it out till I find something else. What should I do? The taking my money is the last straw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 06:54 PM

104 posts, read 342,319 times
any advice anyone??????

Old 08-30-2011, 08:22 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
Just keep looking for a new job. Honestly, you just need to stop caring about the job. Brush it off. Let them keep paying you while you look for something else.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:41 PM

3,959 posts, read 2,574,285 times
Just keep working the best you can Like Manderly6 said, brush it off. Document everything. Get a journal and write down when you speak to your manager and what happens during the day. This way, if they fire you, you have a record of what is happening.

Keep looking for a new job. Be patient. (I know that is hard.)

Old 09-01-2011, 12:03 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,921,952 times
I hear ya. I went on an interview for a small retail company for a logistics position. The majority of the employees were Indian and Middle Eastern. I remember when i walked in i received some dirty looks from the employees. The interview with the director of operations went well but the shipping manager was not pleased with me. I am 26 year old but i look extremly young like 17 to 21 but i have 4 years of experience in my field. I went back for a 2nd interview with the President of the company. This interview went well and i was offered a 2 week trial period. I went back to the office with the director and again i received dirty looks from the employees. We went into an office and the shipping manager was brought it to work a schedule for me for the 2 weeks. The shipping manager had this look of "God, i don't want to work with you." It was a really small office and i was the minority.( the only Spanish person) I told the director that i will be able to start next week. During my commute, i started thinking about the job and the culture and i felt that i definitely did not belong there and people made it known. I decided to reject the offer since I did not want to torture myself.

*Funny thing is that the director told me that he had a couple of people work there and quit after a couple of months. I believe i know why.

Last edited by Mr. Klato; 09-01-2011 at 12:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment