Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 11:29 AM

2 posts, read 19,348 times

Advertisements

if any of you guys are looking for H2B Work in order to extend your visa

check out those guys H2B Extension | Find H2B Job In United States

They have a lot of jobs, mostly housekeeping and food & beverage. and best part they are completely free.

I've spoken to many agencies and some charge money as much as 500 per visa extension.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 11:44 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times
Default Go back where you came from!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueStory View Post
if any of you guys are looking for H2B Work in order to extend your visa

check out those guys H2B Extension | Find H2B Job In United States

They have a lot of jobs, mostly housekeeping and food & beverage. and best part they are completely free.

I've spoken to many agencies and some charge money as much as 500 per visa extension.
Unemployment in the United States among CITIZENS and PERMANENT RESIDENTS is at an all time high. Sorry, we DON'T need you and organizations looking to game the system like the one you are advertising should be shut down.

Old 07-18-2009, 08:38 PM

3 posts, read 27,261 times
check this one Ways to Migrate to the U.S.

Old 07-18-2009, 08:43 PM

3 posts, read 27,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Unemployment in the United States among CITIZENS and PERMANENT RESIDENTS is at an all time high. Sorry, we DON'T need you and organizations looking to game the system like the one you are advertising should be shut down.

we do understand your concern but please don't be rude... its an unethical and very ignorant statement.

Old 07-18-2009, 08:47 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salagma View Post
we do understand your concern but please don't be rude... its an unethical and very ignorant statement.
How is it unethical? I happen to agree. At this point we've got so many US citizens out of work and collecting unemployment (funded by tax dollars) that it's insane that we are allowing people into this country to take jobs that should be reserved for citizens and green card holders already here.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:13 PM

1,450 posts, read 4,251,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
How is it unethical? I happen to agree. At this point we've got so many US citizens out of work and collecting unemployment (funded by tax dollars) that it's insane that we are allowing people into this country to take jobs that should be reserved for citizens and green card holders already here.

I agree!

Its unethical to import workers when people are standing in line for hours for low-paying jobs, my husband is one of them, went from making 6 figures + benefits to standing in line in job fairs.

We also are about ready to lose our health care, while imported workers get signed right up on the company health plan. If me or one of my family has an illness or emergency, we'd get better care in a 3rd world country than here! But that wouldn't happen, other countries protect their borders, most won't let immigrants in with significant health problems, and certainly don't invite workers from other countries while letting their own citizens go to #ell!

Unethical!

Old 10-01-2011, 07:39 AM

2 posts, read 16,273 times
Well, actually these employers who hire foreign workers have to prove to the government that they have spent at least 2 years advertising for american workers and CANNOT get enough of them over the season to make their businesses run. The "jobs" these foreigners are taking are seasonal jobs - hence no longer than 6 months and usually less. They are often jobs I have asked Americans to do but refuse to because all of these foreigner jobs are minimum wage and require you to work 6 days a week and up to 13 hours a day without a break (even if law requires that you take one) I actually spoke to several Americans about taking one of these jobs because we needed people but the response was, "I can get more on social security and I wont have to work 80 hours a week and bust my ass." You should do some more research. Plus the foreigners cannot just work wherever they want. They have to be for the most part, housekeepers and dishwashers. How many unemployed americas do you know that will enthusiastically take up an 80 hour a week minimum wage job for 4 months max before being unemployed again? You cant ask for a day off, sometimes you work 7 days a week and like the guy said to me. you earn more on social security than you do working 80 hours a week sometimes at these jobs. Its not the foreigner workers, it's the system itself. And just so you know, all foreigner workers pay social security tax and medicare (almost double what americans themselves pay) they can never receive it/claim it back. So while they may have a job for 4 months they are paying for an american to sit at home and collect social security because they dont want to work a minimum wage job for 4 months

Old 10-01-2011, 07:45 AM

2 posts, read 16,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylee54 View Post
I agree!

Its unethical to import workers when people are standing in line for hours for low-paying jobs, my husband is one of them, went from making 6 figures + benefits to standing in line in job fairs.

We also are about ready to lose our health care, while imported workers get signed right up on the company health plan. If me or one of my family has an illness or emergency, we'd get better care in a 3rd world country than here! But that wouldn't happen, other countries protect their borders, most won't let immigrants in with significant health problems, and certainly don't invite workers from other countries while letting their own citizens go to #ell!

Unethical!

Um no...most foreigner workers - if not all of them - that are legal anyway - need to have comprehensive medical insurance purchased in their home country BEFORE they go to the embassy for their interview. But you are right americas has a third world medical system but thats the governments fault - health in america - just like education is for profit. Thats the problem. They should be on the onus of the government - thats why you pay your taxes. And I have not known one immigrant who has suffered from any serious health issues and if they did it would be on their visa paperwork for their interview at the embassy and they would be denied or ordered to increase their comprehensive insurance. (which by the way is in excess of $1000)
Maybe you are referring to illegal people because their are three main categories for visa holders/immigrant workers in this country - foreign students who can stay no longer than a year, there are foreign workers who cannot stay longer than 3 years and they have to be employed every single day they are in the country or they lose status and have to leave. Then there are professional workers who have a degree from another country and have more professional qualifications than all americans applying for the same positions in certain areas such as medicine, law, accounting, engineering, mathematics etc.
I understand your sentiment but you are ill informed.

Old 10-02-2011, 07:08 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,401,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoraLee26 View Post
Um no...most foreigner workers - if not all of them - that are legal anyway - need to have comprehensive medical insurance purchased in their home country BEFORE they go to the embassy for their interview. But you are right americas has a third world medical system but thats the governments fault - health in america - just like education is for profit. Thats the problem. They should be on the onus of the government - thats why you pay your taxes. And I have not known one immigrant who has suffered from any serious health issues and if they did it would be on their visa paperwork for their interview at the embassy and they would be denied or ordered to increase their comprehensive insurance. (which by the way is in excess of $1000)
Maybe you are referring to illegal people because their are three main categories for visa holders/immigrant workers in this country - foreign students who can stay no longer than a year, there are foreign workers who cannot stay longer than 3 years and they have to be employed every single day they are in the country or they lose status and have to leave. Then there are professional workers who have a degree from another country and have more professional qualifications than all americans applying for the same positions in certain areas such as medicine, law, accounting, engineering, mathematics etc.
I understand your sentiment but you are ill informed.

Ahhhwwwww....so sorry life's so tough for foreign workers in the USA

Old 10-02-2011, 07:40 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoraLee26 View Post
Well, actually these employers who hire foreign workers have to prove to the government that they have spent at least 2 years advertising for american workers and CANNOT get enough of them over the season to make their businesses run. The "jobs" these foreigners are taking are seasonal jobs - hence no longer than 6 months and usually less. They are often jobs I have asked Americans to do but refuse to because all of these foreigner jobs are minimum wage and require you to work 6 days a week and up to 13 hours a day without a break (even if law requires that you take one) I actually spoke to several Americans about taking one of these jobs because we needed people but the response was, "I can get more on social security and I wont have to work 80 hours a week and bust my ass." You should do some more research. Plus the foreigners cannot just work wherever they want. They have to be for the most part, housekeepers and dishwashers. How many unemployed americas do you know that will enthusiastically take up an 80 hour a week minimum wage job for 4 months max before being unemployed again? You cant ask for a day off, sometimes you work 7 days a week and like the guy said to me. you earn more on social security than you do working 80 hours a week sometimes at these jobs. Its not the foreigner workers, it's the system itself. And just so you know, all foreigner workers pay social security tax and medicare (almost double what americans themselves pay) they can never receive it/claim it back. So while they may have a job for 4 months they are paying for an american to sit at home and collect social security because they dont want to work a minimum wage job for 4 months

I call BS. How do people looking for work say "I can get more on social security and I wont have to work 80 hours a week and bust my ass."

You have to be 62 to get Social Security or be disabled. Most of the time it requires hiring a lawyer. It also is a long process to get SSI disability. It can take a year or two.

Did you mean Unemployment Benefits?

And as far as foreigners willing to work 7 days a week for 13 hours, there was a big deal about a month ago about Chinese who came over here and whined about having to work 6 days a week in PA.

They were livid and were out demonstrating about unfair working conditions.

And sorry there are labor laws in this country, and they apply to those working on a visa as well. If someone is working people 13 hours a day with no breaks they would get reported and shut down.

And this is still America, not a 3rd world country. Maybe where you come from working 80 hours a week for little money is the norm, but this isn't China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment