Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2012, 04:00 PM

344 posts, read 1,051,952 times

Advertisements

temp agencies are complete crap.

They "can" pay you more than 11 dollars an hour, they just don't want to. they want a bigger cut for themselves. The company probably pays them 20 dollars an hour for that job.

They decided the economy sucks, people are desperate, so they can skim more off the top.

tell em to shove the job where the sun don't shine.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:11 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
TVSG, As always your comprehension is not great. I'm saying if you keep missing the first 2 hours of the proper workday, you are likely to be unemployed again and again. You said your brother is doing better with just high school. Ask him and millions of others what time they awake when unemployed. Some are like you, but some are go getters, and the latter will outperform the slackers long-term.

A piece of paper from college is just ONE tool, but one needs MANY to get hired, being motivated with a terrific work ethic is vital. The old saying rings true "If all you do is all you have ever done, all you will get is all you have ever gotten".
Didn't I already say businesses always call here AFTER 9am? Why would I wake up at 8am? And don't mention my wake up time again since it has nothing to do with this thread.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie555 View Post
temp agencies are complete crap.

They "can" pay you more than 11 dollars an hour, they just don't want to. they want a bigger cut for themselves. The company probably pays them 20 dollars an hour for that job.

They decided the economy sucks, people are desperate, so they can skim more off the top.

tell em to shove the job where the sun don't shine.
Exactly, that's why I didn't even bother with it. I;m sure she don't make $11.00 an hour but want to call me and act like she is doing me a favor.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:29 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Didn't I already say businesses always call here AFTER 9am? Why would I wake up at 8am? And don't mention my wake up time again since it has nothing to do with this thread.
I've had companies call me for interview and job offers before 9am ... It is entirely possible that a potential employer has attempted to reach you while you were sleeping and opted to not leave a voicemail. Something to think about.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I've had companies call me for interview and job offers before 9am ... It is entirely possible that a potential employer has attempted to reach you while you were sleeping and opted to not leave a voicemail. Something to think about.
Only a stupid employer would do that. What would be the point of an employer doing something that stupid?

Old 03-03-2012, 04:35 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,629,182 times
Quote:
Some people use drugs to relax, some people use alcohol, some people use the club, I use City-Data
You sure do relax a lot. Enjoying yourself on C-D, not getting up till noon, and refusing to take any employment which doesn't fit within your stringent guidelines.

You may not ever be rich, but your lifestyle is pretty much stress free, which means TVSG could live to be 100+ years.

Heck, you'll probably be arguing with our grandkids here on C-D, and we'll all be dead and buried because we didn't follow your all-knowing relaxation methods.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
You sure do relax a lot. Enjoying yourself on C-D, not getting up till noon, and refusing to take any employment which doesn't fit within your stringent guidelines.

You may not ever be rich, but your lifestyle is pretty much stress free, which means TVSG could live to be 100+ years.

Heck, you'll probably be arguing with our grandkids here on C-D, and we'll all be dead and buried because we didn't follow your all-knowing relaxation methods.
I said get up at 9:55am not Nonn

Old 03-03-2012, 04:56 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times
Quote:
Only a stupid employer would do that. What would be the point of an employer doing something that stupid?
Well ... One stupid employer called me around 6:30am in the morning to offer me a job, which I accepted and worked for 6 years ... That job allowed me the income and flexibility I needed to pursue graduate school and was fully benefited, etc. Oh yeah ... It paid around 20 per hour to boot!

Old 03-03-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Well ... One stupid employer called me around 6:30am in the morning to offer me a job, which I accepted and worked for 6 years ... That job allowed me the income and flexibility I needed to pursue graduate school and was fully benefited, etc. Oh yeah ... It paid around 20 per hour to boot!
Again, why would someone at a business take time to call my number after seeing my resume and then once they get a voicemail they hang up? What would be the reason? It would defintely be UNUSUAL for someone to do especially since they are calling because they liked your resume.

Old 03-03-2012, 05:24 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
The job search is not a priority when one sets an alarm 115 minutes after others have gone to work. When its not a priority, one ends up bouncing around between jobs that are well below the average for people with similar educations and/or experience. $8.50/hr unemployment is not typical for a college grad many years after graduation.

Now if it ever becomes his priority, and the staying up with wearwolfs hours cease, the results after several years of employment, could improve. But short of a 180 degree attitude change, these low-paying jobs followed by months of unemployment patterns are likely to repeat.
this is true. I also suspect TVSG has anxiety issues which could be part of why he hesitates to enter a new job situation. I have anxiety issues too, and i consider it only a tiny excuse. He has to get a job eventually. He will have to be in a new work place and deal with his anxiety eventually. He might at well do it sooner rather than later.

Quote:
then why aren't you getting up at 8:45 or so, instead of 10:00?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment