Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 02:28 PM

266 posts, read 1,108,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordyloves View Post
] I ignored that red squiggly line, because I'm mad.
I just think it's funny that you are making fun of others for not speaking English well and then you make two ridiculous grammar errors in the very next sentence.

I get that you wanted the job and you are understandably disappointed, but you do seem a tad angry at the world. To come on this forum and start spouting out racists comments and then expect people to agree with you is silly. The world does not owe you a job. McDonald's doesn't hire people just for having a heartbeat.

If you want a job, then do something constructive. Figure out what you can do better next time, then go apply other places. I suggest you start by losing the attitude. There's plenty of people out there looking for work and it's not easy. You have to be a little more humble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2012, 02:31 PM

81 posts, read 162,820 times
ok, jordy hun, you remind me of my kid years ago. put on a nice shirt, comb your hair, and go down there in person. i understand the connection part, just be persistant. the more people you talk to and word gets around youd be surprised what you find....even better than mcdonald. good luck.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:36 PM

428 posts, read 900,675 times
Maybe she doesnt have her license yet thats why she cant drive.... and shes a teenager no need to attack her on a message board.. Instead of Mcdonalds try BK, Subway or other fast food chains or retail... Its not the end of world just sucks at the moment. AND Yes the purple is on purpose =)

Old 03-31-2012, 02:43 PM

245 posts, read 520,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
So give us a reason you should be hired over someone else.
I'm the most dedicated, committed, responsible person I know. I'm always organized, I always have an idea.
I'm not sloppy looking, I take care of my appearance.
I'm polite
I'm disciplined
I pay attention to detail
I'm a fast learner
I was a girl scout. No one cares about that, do they?
I'm outgoing when necessary

This is fast food where talking about? WHAT STANDARDS COULD THEY POSSIBLY HAVE, THAT I DO NOT FIT?? And trust me, I'll fit.

Quote:
You don't drive therefore don't have reliable transportation there fore why should someone hire you? I wouldn't hire someone who had to rely on another person to get to and from work.
Many people my age don't drive, yet they manage to have a job. Besides, I always arrive on time. Never late for anything. Won perfect attendance 3 years in row. I live across the street to a Duncan Donuts. My first thought was, they'd have to hire me, because I'M RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET. I COULD NEVER BE LATE. If I were late, then I probably died. Did they hire me? Nope. I go in there time to time to see how they're doing. They're sloppy, always busy, and the employees are immature and act silly on the job (Plus, this DD is always understaffed). They left the cash register unattended, and there were about 4 of them sticking their head in the drive through window trying to fix an order. Plus, there was a long line. I'm just standing there like, "They didn't hire me, but they hired these buffoons? Moderator cut: offensive language Don't act like that doesn't happen! Don't judge me.

Quote:
By the way, you don't seem particularly "charming" to me.
Excuse me? I'm sorry, I'm really such a lady.

Last edited by 7G9C4J2; 07-14-2012 at 08:08 PM..

Old 03-31-2012, 02:43 PM

266 posts, read 1,108,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara0815 View Post
Maybe she doesnt have her license yet thats why she cant drive.... and shes a teenager no need to attack her on a message board.. Instead of Mcdonalds try BK, Subway or other fast food chains or retail... Its not the end of world just sucks at the moment. AND Yes the purple is on purpose =)
Okay so she's a teenager...so she should post offensive stuff about Spanish people and even though that is wrong, I should not say anything because it will hurt her self-esteem??? Then I should turn around and placate her and tell her how wonderful she is?? Come on, be serious.

It's one thing to come on here and ask for help and be mature. People will bend over backwards to give great advice in those situations. But if you are going to post ridiculous and RACIST comments that offend people then what do you expect to receive in reply? If she is 16 and old enough to get a job, then she is old enough to know better.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:49 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
OK here's the facts:

She's in high school so has limited availability
She doesn't drive and would need to rely on others for a ride
Because of her age she can only work certain shifts and limited hours (even in the summer)
Depending on what part of the state she's in, many of the customers might not speak English and she hasn't mentioned being bilingual.

Other applicants can work any shift, any day, are bilingual and communicate effectively with the customer base, and have a car.

If you were a hiring manager, who would you hire?

Old 03-31-2012, 02:49 PM

570 posts, read 1,340,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara0815 View Post
I'm pretty sure it's the references to 'Spanish' people and the apparent sense of entitlement that are putting people off here. I don't think the OP's self esteem is in any jeopardy.

To the OP: perhaps doing some volunteer work to build a resume and get work references would help you land a paid job.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordyloves View Post
I'm the most dedicated, committed, responsible person I know. I'm always organized, I always have an idea.
I'm not sloppy looking, I take care of my appearance.
I'm polite
I'm disciplined
I pay attention to detail
I'm a fast learner
I was a girl scout. No one cares about that, do they?
I'm outgoing when necessary

This is fast food where talking about? WHAT STANDARDS COULD THEY POSSIBLY HAVE, THAT I DO NOT FIT?? And trust me, I'll fit.

Many people my age don't drive, yet they manage to have a job. Besides, I always arrive on time. Never late for anything. Won perfect attendance 3 years in row. I live across the street to a Duncan Donuts. My first thought was, they'd have to hire me, because I'M RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET. I COULD NEVER BE LATE. If I were late, then I probably died. Did they hire me? Nope. I go in there time to time to see how they're doing. They're sloppy, always busy, and the employees are immature and act silly on the job (Plus, this DD is always understaffed). They left the cash register unattended, and there were about 4 of them sticking their head in the drive through window trying to fix an order. Plus, there was a long line. I'm just standing there like, "They didn't hire me, but they hired these buffoons? Moderator cut: offensive language Don't act like that doesn't happen! Don't judge me.

Excuse me? I'm sorry, I'm really such a lady.
Someday maybe you'll read this and understand why no one will hire you. On top of everything I've said already, you sound like a spoiled, entitled, brat.

Last edited by 7G9C4J2; 07-14-2012 at 08:08 PM..

Old 03-31-2012, 02:52 PM

428 posts, read 900,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny AZ View Post
Okay so she's a teenager...so she should post offensive stuff about Spanish people and even though that is wrong, I should not say anything because it will hurt her self-esteem??? Then I should turn around and placate her and tell her how wonderful she is?? Come on, be serious.

It's one thing to come on here and ask for help and be mature. People will bend over backwards to give great advice in those situations. But if you are going to post ridiculous and RACIST comments that offend people then what do you expect to receive in reply? If she is 16 and old enough to get a job, then she is old enough to know better.

Have you ever typed something, hit enter and reread it again later thinking "Wow that sounded better in my head" . I dont think she was racist on purpose but I do think it could come across as such to people. I just dont want her to get attacked or get baited into a internet agruement with complete strangers. I think you have every right to express that your offended by what she said but dont be terribly surprised if she doesnt take constructive critiscm well.. Some adults cant take it and just remember the fact that she is 16. Thats all Im trying to say..

Old 03-31-2012, 02:55 PM

If she can't take constructive criticism, I can't imagine how she'd be when her boss tries to give her feedback on her job performance. Holy snit fit, I can hear it now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment