Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 11:50 AM

589 posts, read 1,221,161 times

Advertisements

Should I respond with a defensive statement? I spoke to HR and she stated that she cannot do anything at this time but she will attempt to do so in a few days. I dont know what to do at this point because there is no one else to talk to.

I have been losing work in my route for the past 5 months and nothing has been done to resolve it. Now I am asked to do extra things like training new hires for less pay while there are techs with lesser seniority doing more work in their route than I am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 12:34 PM

266 posts, read 1,108,504 times
I would like to hear more detail. What exactly did the email say? Were you copied on it, or did you find out about it some other way? Did any of the superiors reply to you?

Old 04-09-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny AZ View Post
I would like to hear more detail. What exactly did the email say? Were you copied on it, or did you find out about it some other way? Did any of the superiors reply to you?
He sent an email regarding myself training new hires. It is not part of our job to train new hires and ive been having issues with my workload for the past 5 months. I am slowly getting less work than usual while having full time availability. There are techs who are the same seniority level or less getting 5 x more work than i am but having less availability. I am basically singled out by this new manager. My workload has dropped from close to 250-300 work orders to less than 100.

I refuse the training but give him options because i was never paid for training a new hire back in december. I spoke to him on the phone and he ended the convo as quickly as possible without letting me explain the reasoning. He then proceeds to send an email regarding my response to the vp of operations and other corporate figures. He made the email sound as if I flat out refused without a proper reason for it. The new hire he wants to train is from the other side of the company which was dissolved through the loss of contracts. The new hire is an area that does not need help but is not part of my route.

He copied me on the email and he also proves that I am being singled out because the other techs in my immediate area are not asked to train this new hire. He is reaching out all the way down to south jersey as the next candidate for trainer. Mind you I am not getting paid anything close to what I would make out in the field by training this person.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:40 PM

5,522 posts, read 10,201,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cee4 View Post
He sent an email regarding myself training new hires. It is not part of our job to train new hires and ive been having issues with my workload for the past 5 months. I am slowly getting less work than usual while having full time availability. There are techs who are the same seniority level or less getting 5 x more work than i am but having less availability. I am basically singled out by this new manager.

I refuse the training but give him options because i was never paid for training a new hire back in december. I spoke to him on the phone and he ended the convo as quickly as possible without letting me explain the reasoning. He then proceeds to send an email regarding my response to the vp of operations and other corporate figures. He made the email sound as if I flat out refused without a proper reason for it.
I guess you confused your job for one that actually matters to that company.

You are clearly on "replaceable peg" status, which means you dont have the option to say "no" to anything.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:48 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,975,497 times
Job Hunting time, OP.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:51 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,133,008 times
I agree you should give more details on how you know what the email said. Also you type of job do you have ?? Are you a courier or some type of route driver ?

Old 04-09-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
I guess you confused your job for one that actually matters to that company.

You are clearly on "replaceable peg" status, which means you dont have the option to say "no" to anything.
Yea I figured for the worst at this point. Funny thing is whenever I call HR who is separate from this guy they tell me they want to retain me because they think im a good worker. That's why they want me to train all these new hires and what not but I guess it doesn't matter at this point.

I guess I can't really damage myself further by sending an email response.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ1252 View Post
I agree you should give more details on how you know what the email said. Also you type of job do you have ?? Are you a courier or some type of route driver ?
field technician seniority in jersey

Old 04-11-2012, 02:58 AM

So a quick update just in case anyone else has some advice/thoughts on the situation.

HR rep called me back and stated they will work on the issues regarding my unpaid hours for the last training. Also promised to work on this issue regarding my route daily but nothing can be done immediately because the new manager is under a heavy workload.

I don't believe everything they say to be true because some of the reasoning for why my workload has been lightened doesn't make sense. I spoke to my previous AM and he told me they are flat out lying to me regarding the reason why my workload is light and that I should be careful. However he did tell me I cannot be terminated for refusing to train someone because it is not in my employee handbook or contract. That is a job of a supervisor or salaried member which I am not part of.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:07 AM

337 posts, read 409,213 times
I would say focus on the reason why your work load is getting lighter because that seems to be the start of your problems. Are you getting bad reviews by customers? Are you leaving work undone? Are you not doing the work the way that the supervisors want it done? Try to remedy that situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment