Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 02:09 PM

841 posts, read 1,917,729 times

Advertisements

I mean, how desperate do they want you to be? Do they think they are ABOVE other people and expect you to sit around day dreaming about their company?

Do you have to carry the phone into the bathroom and shower?

Why would someone in HR/screening call you, leave a message, say please call me to discuss your application, then NEVER return your call(s) made the next day?

Someone please explain what it takes to get business people to act as professionally as they expect job seekers to?

Does this happen to anyone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 02:13 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef.sunny22 View Post
I mean, how desperate do they want you to be? Do they think they are ABOVE other people and expect you to sit around day dreaming about their company?

Why would someone in HR/screening call you, leave a message, say please call me to discuss your application, then NEVER return your call(s) made the next day?

Someone please explain what it takes to get business people to act as professionally as they expect job seekers to?

It happens.
There is nothing you can do about. Don't waste your energy on it.
You can continue to call them back - phone calls are free.
Move on.
Apply to as many places as possible, the more you apply the better likelihood if getting a job.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:16 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Quote:

I HATE idiots who do this! I have not had it personally happen to me, but I have heard of it happening to a few friends and it just makes them baffled and discouraged. If you're not going to follow through, HR person, then don't bother making a call in the first place!

Old 05-18-2012, 02:16 PM

4,439 posts, read 5,521,009 times
Bummer, I guess your hubby never got called back for that job you mentioned then?

My fear is that they may have simply moved on down the list and already have the number of people they wanted to interview.

The only way to put a stop to this is to have a labor shortage, and that ain't gonna be happening anytime soon.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:19 PM

5,522 posts, read 10,200,392 times
Ive had it done.

It doesnt even take missing the call either. Ive had HR and managers tell me to call back at X time, and they arent there. Ive had HR schedule me for phone interviews, and cancel 5 minutes before. Ive had one manager not return my bi-daily calls over the course of two weeks after telling me to call them the next day after I spoke with them.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:22 PM

3,739 posts, read 4,636,205 times
Quote:

Well if they didn't act professionally I sure as heck would not want to work for them. It makes them look bad.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
Well if they didn't act professionally I sure as heck would not want to work for them. It makes them look bad.

I doubt they care. They control all the cards in the "labor agreement", and they know it.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:28 PM

3,739 posts, read 4,636,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
I doubt they care. They control all the cards in the "labor agreement", and they know it.

I am certain some of them could care less to be professional and courteous to applicants. Applicants are expected to be professional but yet many employers don't display the same professionalism.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:30 PM

841 posts, read 1,917,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
It's what I told him, hopeful one.

Or maybe they are just flooded with resumes, as this seems to be a central location for a major company.

All in all, if something will happen, it will happen. I see that but he doesn't and it's just rough.

I agree with people who say we are also consumers. If he doesn't hear from them, I will make sure never to have anything to do with this company and make sure others do not.

Thanks for the replies. I am just fed up for my husband. He was fired in a most unprofessional way and is finding it hard to keep up his self esteem.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the replies. I am just fed up for my husband. He was fired in a most unprofessional way and is finding it hard to keep up his self esteem.
Unfortunately, even the professionalism in firing has gone out the window.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment