Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 07:42 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,229,706 times

Advertisements

Ya just keep going. Keep applying. Allow a day once in a while for self-pity and then get back in the game. You'll find a job as long as you keep going.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 08:56 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,762,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
So let's not make this another thread of arguements please, we have enough of those.

My background is in many fields:

Non-profit
Health and wellness
Healthcare (Medicare)
Retail
Don't give up.

Can you do billing or coding? There could be some jobs in billing for physician offices, and coding. Could you get into something quickly like massage therapist or work in a gym? Teach zumba for example?

At least you are getting interviewed, your resumes can't be too bad or you wouldn't even get called.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:23 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,770,291 times
I can't do billing or coding, you need specific training, as you do for massage therapy and zumba.

I am still employed, but have been looking with what is going on at work. I have exhausted all the search engines, LinkedIn, Careerbuilder, Monster, local sites, sites specific to the areas I have experience in.

Needless to say, nothing is panning out. I am networking and nothing. I cannot afford to have a gap in my work...

Old 08-24-2012, 05:49 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,097,980 times
Quote:
So let's not make this another thread of arguements please, we have enough of those.

My background is in many fields:

Non-profit
Health and wellness
Healthcare (Medicare)
Retail
The first three all have a common thread. What would your dream job be?

Old 08-24-2012, 05:50 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,097,980 times
Quote:
God seriously people, go elsewhere and argue!

I have a Bachelor's Degree and am a Licensed Producer. I have done everything from entry level to Executive. I don't want to go into too much detail, just in case.....
Licensed producer? Like in movies or insurance or??

Old 08-24-2012, 05:56 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,269,612 times
Quote:
I am back in the job market. I had several interviews that were very promosing and unfortunately they did not pan out. I sent out dozens and dozens of resumes a day, and at first was getting a lot of interviews. Some were not the right fit, but I was down to two really good possibilities. One was eliminated, the other chose an internal candidate.

I am back to square one, and really feel like I have no other place to apply. What do you do when you get stuck?
I am a firm believer in finding work thru agencies..employment agencies or temp agencies. I found an outstanding position a few years back working for a temp agency. The company where they placed me liked my work and kept me. I stayed there for quite a few years and then moved on to a higher paying position. It just worked for me. Give it a try. I am sure there has to be a temp agency or employment agency in your area.
Good Luck!

Old 08-24-2012, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
I am a firm believer in finding work thru agencies..employment agencies or temp agencies. I found an outstanding position a few years back working for a temp agency. The company where they placed me liked my work and kept me. I stayed there for quite a few years and then moved on to a higher paying position. It just worked for me. Give it a try. I am sure there has to be a temp agency or employment agency in your area.
Good Luck!
Thanks, it can't hurt.

I am an insurance producer.

I know the common thread through all the jobs, every job I have ever had is dealing with clients. I am very good at it. However the jobs that are in this area require years of expertise before you can step into it. That is where I am now. A bit over my head unfortunately and need to find something else.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:44 AM

128 posts, read 268,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momotaro View Post
Boss won't tell me what's going on....

Didn't you just have a job yesterday? Or did you end it and not give closure to the other thread?
I was wondering the same thing.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldblum57 View Post
I was wondering the same thing.
I stated briefly earlier, I am still employed. Unfortunately I am in over my head. Boss thought I had expertise I didn't (I don't know where she go that from) and I thought she was going to train me a lot more than she did. A complete disconnect. So, I won't be there much longer.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:11 PM

580 posts, read 2,294,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
I am a firm believer in finding work thru agencies..employment agencies or temp agencies. I found an outstanding position a few years back working for a temp agency. The company where they placed me liked my work and kept me. I stayed there for quite a few years and then moved on to a higher paying position. It just worked for me. Give it a try. I am sure there has to be a temp agency or employment agency in your area.fo
Good Luck!

It's really sad that it has come to this. It's even more sad that people are more than happy to work through a temp agency. There was a time in the not too distant past were one could get hired on full time with benefits directly with the employer. Now you have to work temp jobs, making half the pay with no benefits, with the temp service making all kinds of false promises, up to a year or more before they even consider hiring you. And that is if they decide to hire you at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment