Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 04:14 PM

12,779 posts, read 14,996,596 times

Advertisements

(Meant 'Predominantly') How do you feel about it? Was there anything you did about it?

There is an overwhelming amount, like 97% of one race of people where I work, but I won't say which race it is. Do I like it? Well, who would really if there was all of some other race other than your own? There's nothing I can do about it. It's not like I work for a mom & pop outfit & can raise hell, which I wouldn't do. If it was a small, insignificant job & I was unhappy threre, I'd just quit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 04:25 PM

66 posts, read 228,190 times
people typically want to be around people they can identify with.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:35 PM

380 posts, read 1,156,290 times
My last workplace was not only predominantly one race, but, the average age was about 50-55 years old. The people were nice and friendly. They all seemed like good normal people. However, it wasn't the right fit for me, personally. I like a faster pace with more assertive personality types. I have found that usually happens in more diverse workplaces. Diverse as in age, life stage and personality moreso than race.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:42 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,082,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
(Meant 'Predominantly') How do you feel about it? Was there anything you did about it?

There is an overwhelming amount, like 97% of one race of people where I work, but I won't say which race it is. Do I like it? Well, who would really if there was all of some other race other than your own? There's nothing I can do about it. It's not like I work for a mom & pop outfit & can raise hell, which I wouldn't do. If it was a small, insignificant job & I was unhappy threre, I'd just quit.
Honestly, if you are this racist, it would do you better to purposely look for work where you didnt have to be around people of a different race. You do have the right to look for another job.

Old 10-12-2012, 05:24 PM

29,829 posts, read 24,922,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knt1229 View Post
My last workplace was not only predominantly one race, but, the average age was about 50-55 years old. The people were nice and friendly. They all seemed like good normal people. However, it wasn't the right fit for me, personally. I like a faster pace with more assertive personality types. I have found that usually happens in more diverse workplaces. Diverse as in age, life stage and personality moreso than race.
Same thing at my work. Mostly +50 YO males. I can't complain though. No drama, and they always have little tricks and tips on how I can do my job better. Can't beat the passive experience gained from those a wee bit older and wiser. Everyone pulls their weight just the same, which is about as good as it gets in the employment realm.

Old 10-12-2012, 05:29 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,157,110 times
Mostly the human race. Although I wonder about a few.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:20 PM

723 posts, read 2,194,160 times
i'm the only black guy in my office. it's been that way at several of the corporate/hi-tech jobs i've been at.

The chicks love it.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:30 PM

22 posts, read 28,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald_octane View Post
i'm the only black guy in my office. it's been that way at several of the corporate/hi-tech jobs i've been at.

The chicks love it.
lol I bet they do

Old 10-12-2012, 07:45 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,243,006 times
The breakdown in my group without mention the races is 8-4.

Among the others in the company that we work with the most there are 2 races heavily represented.

Overall very diverse organization. On age, though, we average 49 and new employees tend to come in older due to the experience requirements.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:54 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,687,523 times
The majority of my co workers at my work location are european whites. Reason, the aircrafts are mostly russian and there are only a handful of non-eastern europeans who can fly and fix them. However, at our asian center, guess what race they are? At our south america center, guess what the majority are, just like at the middle east. And no surpriuse what the majority race is in out african operations center.

Now, the race makeup of non specialized positions is a crayola factory that burped. Since we can have a person of dark african decent who's last name is Wellington and is born and raised in France, but speaks with a vietnamese accent, and graducated from the Univeristy of Minnisota, diversity makeup is unbelivable in our company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment