Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 10:07 AM

1,006 posts, read 735,662 times

Advertisements

I'll try and make this short.

Three years ago our company kicked off its EBS implementation. Huge deal, millions spent between Oracle and Deloitte. I joined the Application Security team, coming from Network and Infrastructure (apologies in advance for the acronyms and names) due to me having some experience in that field (Unix/REHLS). This was a project assignment, three-four years max and my career progression would be considered and tracked during my stint on the EBS project. Well discussions arose of my (and my team mates) next move but I have mangers from three different functional areas of IT wanting for their team next year. I wouldn't have a problem either way but I've always thought my current boss to have top consideration seeing as he's always looked out for me career and training wise.

This morning I come into work, he pulls me into his office and asks "are you happy doing this?" I assured him I was, yet just needed a bit of clarity as to my next move career wise. He then advised that those three managers called him into a meeting to discuss pulling me over to their teams immediately and that I should decide in front of them. My boss now thinks I've been going behind his back talking to other team leaders and I'm having trouble reassuring him I'm not ready to jump ship. Mind you, outside of simply inquiring a bit more into the daily functions of each team I HAVE NOT agreed or discussed moving across functional areas with them.

How should I approach this? This evening's the meeting...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 12:26 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
Uhhh, you should not have to decide right then and there. You'll need time to "evaluate" the other teams and make a proper career decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment