Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 04:03 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,626,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Weather View Post
That had to be a LONG time ago (or just in certain markets), because The People's Court always been on in the daytime from what I remember.

Speaking of coming on in the evenings, now keep in mind that Judge Judy comes on at 4 PM in most markets. This is before a lot of fans (including myself) get off from work. Also, do note that only 4 other shows on television (Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy and one more) have higher viewer ratings than Judge Judy.
Depends where you live. It's not on the same network or the same time all over the country. When I lived in Albany, NY it was on at 3 pm and when I lived in Aiken, SC it was on in the early evening during game show hour on a different network. Many of these court room tv shows are syndicated and not owned by a specific network. It's kind of odd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 06:12 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
Everyone you see & dont see on the tv show is paid.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:18 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,791,000 times
I used to enjoy watching this show but she has become such a curmudgeon (interrupting, etc.) - that's it's getting to be a trial to get through it. I'm thinking it's time for her to hang up or lace-edged robe.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:24 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,035,522 times
Yes, because basing broad, sweeping, negative generalizations about the unemployed upon a TV show makes great sense... I'm sure the tens of millions of people who have lost their jobs and everything since this Great Recession began are all terrible people who deserved to be yelled on TV.

Here's an idea: maybe people who are criminals have a hard time getting a job and thus, lacking money, are more likely to end up on entertainment court TV since they could use the cash and can't afford a normal legal settlement anyway.

Sometimes, the simple solution is the right one - criminals tend to lack jobs, not those who lack jobs "deserve it" or are all criminals.

NOTE: an exception will be made if you're a high-end white-collar criminal. Those people never lack a job, it seems.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:05 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,484,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Yes, because basing broad, sweeping, negative generalizations about the unemployed upon a TV show makes great sense... I'm sure the tens of millions of people who have lost their jobs and everything since this Great Recession began are all terrible people who deserved to be yelled on TV.

Here's an idea: maybe people who are criminals have a hard time getting a job and thus, lacking money, are more likely to end up on entertainment court TV since they could use the cash and can't afford a normal legal settlement anyway.

Sometimes, the simple solution is the right one - criminals tend to lack jobs, not those who lack jobs "deserve it" or are all criminals.

NOTE: an exception will be made if you're a high-end white-collar criminal. Those people never lack a job, it seems.
You make way too much sense for this board.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:30 AM

3,739 posts, read 4,636,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post

That's the way she makes it seem. She ALWAYS asks about their employment. She also has an air of arrogance about herself.

Old 10-29-2013, 08:37 AM

10,137 posts, read 17,484,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
She also has an air of arrogance about herself.
I guess that comes from being the 3rd or 4th richest woman in the world. You can be a teflon ***** on your own show.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:15 AM

211 posts, read 529,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulone View Post
That's the way she makes it seem. She ALWAYS asks about their employment. She also has an air of arrogance about herself.
I'm asssuming it's because great TV doesn't happen if the judge is nice.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
I guess that comes from being the 3rd or 4th richest woman in the world. You can be a teflon ***** on your own show.
She talks major smack to people on the show and that's because she has Byrd there protecting her. Something tells me she wouldn't be as brazen out in public where someone could actually cause her bodily harm. There have been people on her show that have talked sh*t back to her.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForkInTheRoad View Post
Shows like this are the reason I stopped regularly watching television years ago.
Yeah I know lots of people don't care for these type of shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment