Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 07:26 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,746,125 times

Advertisements

When I got laid off 5 years ago I had a bad premonition I could go unemployed 5 years, and it came true. Mostly, in 2008, - I had interviews but they all held back on hiring. So Feb 2009 I was kicked out of my Houston Apt and moved back to Chicago. Never had an interview in Chicago in 2009 and 2010 - companies were discriminating against those who were unemployed at that time. I started getting interviews in summer 2011 - by then there were lots of long term unemployed applying for jobs. But I've probably only had 5 interviews since then and they all lowballed salaries. They didn't want to pay $48,000+ for an experienced Mech Eng Tech Writer and lately Moderator cut: snip didn't call me for an interview when I asked for $54,000 / year for a Aerospace Tech Writer in Rockford.

So life is a bit depressing but I get by with my Parent's pensions and my SSDI, so I never had to sell any of my possessions just so that I can eat. But if both my Parent were dead I'd have to work any job for $1000 / month extra to pay bills and property tax.

But now all I do is sleep at 9:45 pm and wake up at 8 am. Awesome sleep. I'm thinking about going to Triton College for a Robotics class and a J i g & Fixtures class, but that will cost me $290 / credit hour x 7 hrs. So that hurts!

I had to put a lie on my resume that I do online work. Some website out there has online Patent Invalidation Projects you sign up for but if you don't submit the best Patent Invalidation among other people then you almost get nothing. So it's just a lie on my resume to look like I've been employed. It got me some interviews but I never got hired.

But I still get recruiters interested in me. My lie gets by and they submit me for jobs. But there are other recruiters that discriminate against me. A recruiter called me for a $37 /hr Pharmaceutical Machinery Tech Writing job but he dismissed me for not having recent experience, - I told him to submit my resume and let the client decide, not him, but I never heard anything back after that. What I need is a greedy recruiter who will take my resume and submit it for everything, even if he puts a lie to it. I had two greedy recruiters in the past who got me jobs that way, got my job at Moderator cut: snip and Moderator cut: snip through some lie!

And it's really depressing that all this time God doesn't even answer my prayers for a good job in Chicago. I tell him if he can't grant me that then please let me win the Lotto. 3 years of going to church every day meant nothing. People winning the Lotto lately are all luckily employed and God doesn't help me... Only time God helped me was in summer 2005 when I was only getting $719 monthly SSDI and I told God I might as well be gay because no woman would like a man like me on SSDI. Then God really helped me get a job through a recruiter named Moderator cut: snip who kept pitching me for jobs even though I was 4.5 years unemployed. He saved my life and I got hired at Moderator cut: snip as a Tech Writer.

Right now I can't afford to reinvent myself for another career. Only other thing I can do is a Gov job and I wish I could be a teacher but the IL Gov hasn't pardoned my felony yet, and I submitted my felony pardon papers on Nov 2010.

If I knew I was going to be unemployed 5 years then I should have gone and lived in the Philippines for a year. I surely can find a pretty Filipino wife interested in me for being an American Filipino, and I can bring her to America.

Well, yeah, life sucks but I've got my videos games and my possessions to make me happy.

How about you? Are you long term unemployed?

Last edited by 7G9C4J2; 08-15-2013 at 09:35 PM.. Reason: removed specific names

Old 08-15-2013, 07:33 PM

Same old story. I don't beat up old people and THE JUDGE SIDED WITH ME BY NOT GIVING ME 5 YEARS OF PRISON. I only punched the guy once in the cheek because I thought he was a company spy spying and harassing and following me. I WAS THE VICTIM.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:34 PM

827 posts, read 1,090,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
Same old story. I don't beat up old people and THE JUDGE SIDED WITH ME BY NOT GIVING ME 5 YEARS OF PRISON. I only punched the guy once in the cheek because I thought he was a company spy spying and harassing and following me. I WAS THE VICTIM.
You were? Hmm...I thought the elderly man who was hit by you was.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:40 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post

You punched an elderly man who wasn't doing a thing to you and you're the victim?

And why do you have to on every thread announce how much govt. assistance you're getting?

You shouldn't be getting anything. You live with your parents so you have a roof over your head and food in your stomach.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:46 PM

72 posts, read 115,765 times
5 years of living off your parent's pension (and savings) and you are playing hardball with salaries? Talk about being greedy. You may have to swallow your pride and take a paycut before your parents are living on the street to fund your selfishness.

And this incident of you beating up on an elderly person doesn't speak highly of your character at all.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:50 PM

2,421 posts, read 4,319,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenrule2 View Post
5 years of living off your parent's pension (and savings) and you are playing hardball with salaries? Talk about being greedy. You may have to swallow your pride and take a paycut before your parents are living on the street to fund your selfishness.

And this incident of you beating up on an elderly person doesn't speak highly of your character at all.
Seriously. When I graduated from my Masters, I had no job and moved in with my parents. I took a low level job at $11 per hour and it was only part time, as a telemarketer. Why do you ask? Because I am not a leech and after the age 18 I think it's ok to get help from parents, it's a whole other things to leech off of them.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:55 PM

I was the victim because my worst employer Moderator cut: snip, discriminated against me in employment for being a crossdresser. Lowlife factory workers spread the gossip and they made fun of me during the company Xmas Party. They Photoshopped a picture of me and spread it around and some said by looking at the picture, "Yes, I guess he was a HOOKER!" They even defamed my reputation in front of the company calling me a hooker, stupid, and gay. I was perfect for the job but I wasn't GERMAN so they discriminated against me. I had the classes and skills to write about PC controlled solenoids and etc yet they got rid of me. When they terminated me with a fake Project mistake I told them I would sue them for discrimination, so they had a reason to follow me after I was laid off. Someone was checking me out at the Library researching lawyers to sue. So that's why I was paranoid thinking people were spying and following me around after I was laid off.

Stinking GERMAN eng boss called me stupid in front of the whole company. I improved the documentation of that company a lot, better than the pathetic previous documentation that he approved.

So punching that guy at McDonald was a mishap, and I was a victim of harrassment and slander at that time. Even nowadays as I go around some people think I'm a prostitute because of that company defamation. And I've never sold myself for any money. I'm clean and I don't engage in promiscious sex; I'm a virgin too.

I deserve to get the SSDI I get, and I don't brag about it in every thread. I mentioned it here to say how I survive.

I applied to an entry level Mech Eng job and stated I would work for $45,000 with my 5.75 years experience - that is a lowball salary already and yet they didn't call me for an interview. I applied to a $15 / hr ebay lister Tech Writer job but I didn't get hired in the interview because I didn't fit in with the Russian gulag there.

My Parent's barely give me any of their pension money. I mostly live off my SSDI and unemployment savings. SO I'm not mooching off of them much. They pay the bills and property tax, and occasional expenses that I can't afford, like a minivan and school classes.

Last edited by 7G9C4J2; 08-15-2013 at 09:36 PM.. Reason: Removed specific names

Old 08-15-2013, 08:02 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
What was the end result of the lawsuit?

What qualifies you for SSDI?

Old 08-15-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
What was the end result of the lawsuit?

What qualifies you for SSDI?
I never sued Moderator cut: snip because I then had to pay $10,000 for a defense lawyer to defend me for punching the guy. And then someone there stole my 401K.

I qualify for SSDI because of my Paranoid Schizophrenia. This disability caused me to lose a GREAT Job at Moderator cut: snip when I could have been promoted to a Sr Design Eng position there for loudspeakers - like those Jensen and Advent speakers once sold at Best Buy. I went paranoid for the first time on the job, my brain felt like dying and I thought God would kill me unless I kissed my female coworker - that why I got fired. Then I was put into mental wards 5 times during the 90's and all they had was a pathetic medicine called Halidol which was terrible because it had a very bad side effect of making you shake your legs so that you couldn't sleep. When they invented Geodon this pill controlled my schizophrenia and had no bad side effects; it's good effect is that it makes you sleepy so take it at night to go to sleep better. I can now work as long as I take Geodon, but the daily 80 mg generic pill costs $12.

I was schizophrenic, hearing voices, and very angry the day I punched that guy at McDonalds.

Last edited by 7G9C4J2; 08-15-2013 at 09:37 PM.. Reason: Removed specific names

Old 08-15-2013, 08:26 PM

Medicare and Medicaid pay for my monthly prescriptions at Walgreens; my copay is only $2.50 per month. That's one reason why I don't work a low wage FT job - it would disqualify me from SSDI and free healthcare. I can only work a well paid enough FT job with H.I. to get the Geondon or else work PT only earning max $1000 / month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment