Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 11:42 AM

537 posts, read 1,243,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyLynn22 View Post
Lol..there is something wrong with someone that would allow themselves to be treated in a demeaning mAnner. I have self respect. If you dont, I feel sorry for you.
The quote "It ain't what they call you. It's what you answer to" comes to mind. If you're an office jerk, that doesn't affect me. If you're rude, awful, annoying, etc., I don't care. Why? Because I'm here to do a job, and I'm going to do it the best way I can. You can spend the next couple days answering all of these comments and talk about how you were in the right, but guess what? None of this will matter a year from now... maybe not even a month from now. If it doesn't matter, why worry about it? Focus on bettering yourself as a worker, not belittling other people and stooping to the level of the executive.

Choose to spend the rest of your tenure there learning from mistakes and learning how to handle people with awful attitudes. You are never going to change them, and they are always going to want a reaction from you. I worked in customer service for years and then finally landed an office job when I thought I "made" it. The truth is that no matter where you go, someone is demanding, someone is rude. Each office has its own ecosystem of BS. Accept it and better yourself.

After four years of being in an office environment, I learned not to let those little things affect me. They're things to learn from, about others and the work I do. Any moment I spend dwelling on something that doesn't go my way is another moment I'm allowing myself to have a defeatist attitude.

People are always going to feel like they're better than you. They're going to try and make you feel like you are so much less than them. But do you know why they continue to do it? Because it's so obvious that you expect that kind of treatment. And instead of anticipating what needs the executive may have, you just anticipate her to be rude to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 11:49 AM

22 posts, read 23,386 times
I always try to be nice, respectful and considerate to others. Its too bad not everyone feels that way. But its not my problem. My life is wondeful. Im getting married next weekend and then go to Italy for 2weeks.

I cant complain too much.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:51 AM

1,263 posts, read 3,281,848 times
Quote:
Lol..there is something wrong with someone that would allow themselves to be treated in a demeaning mAnner. I have self respect. If you dont, I feel sorry for you.
You should march right in to that executive's office Monday morning, head held high and finger pointed at her chest, and say exactly that!

Maybe add some stuff about how not knowing which UPS delivery is which as an admin assistant "wasn't my fault!" and "what's the big deal anyway?!". Make sure to give her a strong lecture on how she'd better apologize to you and never yell at you again!

Bonus points for singing the old Anita Franklin song "R*E*S*P*E*C*T" on the way out of her office.

Then report back here and let us know how it goes. We'd love to know. Prove to us that you know so much more about success in the corporate environment that the posters who've taken pains to explain it to you.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL_Whut View Post
You should march right in to that executive's office Monday morning, head held high and finger pointed at her chest, and say exactly that!

Maybe add some stuff about how not knowing which UPS delivery is which as an admin assistant "wasn't my fault!" and "what's the big deal anyway?!". Make sure to give her a strong lecture on how she'd better apologize to you and never yell at you again!

Bonus points for singing the old Anita Franklin song "R*E*S*P*E*C*T" on the way out of her office.

Then report back here and let us know how it goes. We'd love to know. Prove to us that you know so much more about success in the corporate environment that the posters who've taken pains to explain it to you.
Im sorry you are so unhappy. Blessings to you!

Old 08-23-2013, 12:03 PM

There are so many bitter and disgruntled people here. Its pretty sad.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:05 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times
Did you ever admit that you made a big mistake by not checking into the fastest UPS delivery speed instead of just assuming that the one you selected was the fastest? And did you ever admit that maybe the delivery speed was very critical?

Old 08-23-2013, 12:05 PM

1,263 posts, read 3,281,848 times
Quote:
You're overusing that line - it's getting boring.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:06 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,050,479 times
Quote:
I thought it was a pretty funny post with a great point.

It is simply an illustration of some of the advice offered on this thread, and you know what the result would be.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Did you ever admit that you made a big mistake by not checking into the fastest UPS delivery speed instead of just assuming that the one you selected was the fastest? And did you ever admit that maybe the delivery speed was very critical?
I did and that was the only option given with our account set up. I just sat there and let her yell and look unprofessional Im happy I handled myself with class..

I just feel that yes everyone makes mistakes but it should be directed in private and in a respectable manner.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
I thought it was a pretty funny post with a great point.

It is simply an illustration of some of the advice offered on this thread, and you know what the result would be.
Well you have your opinion. Thats cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment