Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 03:31 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
Enough of the personal attacks. If you don't like what I write about move to another post!
No personal attack at all. Simply what I see as a perfectly valid observation, and a helpful suggestion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2013, 04:21 PM

788 posts, read 1,249,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
Enough of the personal attacks. If you don't like what I write about move to another post!
Perhaps you should not write the same (kind of) thing over and over again. The message you are trying to convey loses power. And it is getting somewhat unbelievable.

Old 09-24-2013, 04:45 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,481,533 times
But will he double bag my groceries? Sorry very sad

Corp America will continue to cannibalize itself until the CEO is mopping the floor in his own blng.

Old 09-24-2013, 04:52 PM

1,006 posts, read 2,215,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
How odd that this employment scenario is almost identical to that which you claimed happened to you in this earlier thread:

Forced into early retirement after being blackballed out of my career!

You seriously have way too much time on your hands, need to get over being bored in your retirement and find something constructive to do, particularly now you're showing signs of being repetitive.

Thats EXACTLy what I was thinking. Thanks for pulling up that old link. I found it so unlikely to have occured the first time, that I was shocked to be reading it again. What's going on here?

Old 09-24-2013, 05:16 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,419,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocaseco View Post
Thats EXACTLy what I was thinking. Thanks for pulling up that old link. I found it so unlikely to have occured the first time, that I was shocked to be reading it again. What's going on here?
which one is the true story ?

Old 09-24-2013, 05:28 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCmum View Post
which one is the true story ?
The one with the tiger in it?

Old 09-24-2013, 06:32 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
It's sad that he didn't have a good network outside of his own company such that his reputation superseded any negative report from his former employer.
Very true. The best references? People you worked with who left the company. I like to have 1-2 from every job. They have no obligation.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 09-24-2013, 06:43 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,545,678 times
Best thing everyone can do these days is go into business themselves and try and support independent workers. Every boss like that needs to be taken to court, and if that's not an option...well if your life is over anyway, I would personally feel justified with a bullet to the temple.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:01 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
Best thing everyone can do these days is go into business themselves and try and support independent workers. Every boss like that needs to be taken to court, and if that's not an option...well if your life is over anyway, I would personally feel justified with a bullet to the temple.
No ones life is over if they lose their job. One should continue to strive for every opportunity out there and one must always remember that it may take 99 failures to reach the winning formula in life. Nothing is ever assured, not a high paying job, not good health, nothing.

And you should never advocate violence.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:06 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeViolationMcEnroe View Post
Bosses can, quite literally, destroy your life these days. It's ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
Honestly, this sort of thing terrifies me about this country. Not only can you lose your job at any time for virtually any reason, but you can literally walk away with not a penny to live on. Even if your company provides a severance package most have clauses that exclude workers terminated "for cause". Most state unemployment benefits also have that clause. So all it takes is one vindictive SOB to ruin your life. It really doesn't matter if you did anything wrong or not, as it often can come down to one persons word against another. And the bosses word is usually the only one that matters.
This is an overreaction IMO. You have to have ruined your skillset, network, and reputation to be vulnerable enough to let one person ruin your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment