Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 01:44 PM

128 posts, read 180,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beera View Post
Yup, they don't like it do they?

Probably at some point I'd have said while he was most likely bristling in indignation at someone moving his stapler "Don't dish it out if you can't handle it buddy! Now you now how much you annoy us with your stupid behaviors. So if you stop I will stop too, 'kay thanks!"

Seriously, immaturity is the only thing they understand

You gotta knock down that entitlement crap but do it in a way that doesn't get you into trouble "well wait a minute, he can joke around and hide my stuff but I can't do it back? HE feels harassed? NO, it sounds like feels that he can do whatever he wants while the rest of us just have to sit back and take it, maybe it's time he stops as well..."

Dealt with worse than what this guy is doing, I've dealt with people I'm 100% sure were psychopaths at old jobs. So glad to be out of that sort of mess and have moved on to bigger and better things.
One other fact about him is that he's an only child, and I get the impression that he was really doted on by his mother, like he called the shots in that relationship. He tells me stories about "getting away with murder" when he was younger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2014, 11:09 PM

752 posts, read 1,493,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimGal View Post
One other fact about him is that he's an only child, and I get the impression that he was really doted on by his mother, like he called the shots in that relationship. He tells me stories about "getting away with murder" when he was younger.
Do you know if he knew his father?
Was he illegitimate?

Old 04-14-2014, 12:38 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,970,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Your instincts are dead right, stay away from this guy.

You describe a sociopath.

I so pity the poor woman who he will someday marry.
SwimGal, I've watched enough forensic/crime shows on the Investigation Discovery channel to know that who you describe is definitely not a level-headed thinking person. I agree that he's a sociopath. He's a scary creep & no one knows what he'll do next or when he'll go berserk. I wouldn't be surprised if he's raped/killed people before & just never got caught.

How closely do you have to work with him? Do you have to see/talk to him everyday? Can you minimize that if at all possible to once a week or hopefully less?

Not cold turkey, but I'd GRADUALLY talk to him less & less often if I were you. Of course do it gradually or else he'll notice right away that you're avoiding him. Always be alert around the workplace. Hopefully he doesn't know what kind of car you drive or where you live.

He's the type who'll watch you from a distance getting in your car & following to see where you live. Not trying to scare you, but God only knows what an unstable guy like that will do. Don't leave your personal items or papers with any of your personal info lying around your desk.

Be careful!

Old 04-14-2014, 07:06 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,209,625 times
You are taking a bit too much interest in this guy. Just avoid him.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
You are taking a bit too much interest in this guy. Just avoid him.
I think she's more curious than taking an actual interest...looks like she already knows he's bad news.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:44 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,747,586 times
Bark back at the jasper; give him a good dressing down and watch him put his tail between his legs.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:38 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,060,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
So don't get close to him.
This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzeig104 View Post
Take him out to a bar after work and get him drunk. Then you will find out what's really going on with this dude.
Or this! But also have pepper spray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Give him gummy bears.
Or this! And also sour!

I say to do what you're doing, keep things light and professional, keep your distance otherwise. The guy might just be a kooky character, he might be flipping mental, as long as you keep yourself out of that equation, don't worry about it.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:49 PM

6,457 posts, read 7,792,540 times
I saw a movie about a guy that acts just as the OP describes, I watched it three times so I have a very good handle on understanding the situation. The character never knew his father, was illegitimate and an only child, and did not have a wife. His mother was very kind to him so he of course turned out to be messed up.

What you need to do is get close to this guy, get in his house somehow and then spin to your left 3 times and hop on your right leg. Then chant "I like toast, I conjure a ghost", and do that 5 times, with the 5th time saying it backwards.

That'll conjure a ghost in his house. In the movie, he guy had a ghost and the ghost eventually killed him. So I wouldn't worry OP, it'll all work out fine. I know all this for a fact because I verified it on wikipedia and other credible places on the Internet and also through television programs.

Old 04-14-2014, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
I saw a movie about a guy that acts just as the OP describes, I watched it three times so I have a very good handle on understanding the situation. The character never knew his father, was illegitimate and an only child, and did not have a wife. His mother was very kind to him so he of course turned out to be messed up.

What you need to do is get close to this guy, get in his house somehow and then spin to your left 3 times and hop on your right leg. Then chant "I like toast, I conjure a ghost", and do that 5 times, with the 5th time saying it backwards.

That'll conjure a ghost in his house. In the movie, he guy had a ghost and the ghost eventually killed him. So I wouldn't worry OP, it'll all work out fine. I know all this for a fact because I verified it on wikipedia and other credible places on the Internet and also through television programs.
I'm very curious to know what movie this might had been as you diligently verified some of the claims on Wikipedia...I take it you saw this movie quite recently

Old 04-14-2014, 07:18 PM

6,457 posts, read 7,792,540 times
Post deleted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment