Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 04:19 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,242,141 times

Advertisements

Try the Norm of Cheers style. Take her to a bar and start crying...

or dress her in a dog suit and call the cops....

Old 08-19-2014, 04:30 PM

5 posts, read 4,798 times
John it's what I was asked to do by my boss or else my jobs on the line. It's a dog eat dog market out there I'm sorry for her I truly am but I also have a family to help support and responsibilities. The folks at the electric company and the bank don't care about my moral compass they care about my money, that's the reality of the American way of life.

I chose Quiznos cause I had to personally buy it, and it's well populated in case she got angry or violent id have witnesses there and security. If it's any consolation to the employee I also bought her a twenty dollar gas card to help her on the job hunt.

Old 08-19-2014, 04:35 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,987,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martypicalo View Post
John it's what I was asked to do by my boss or else my jobs on the line. It's a dog eat dog market out there I'm sorry for her I truly am but I also have a family to help support and responsibilities. The folks at the electric company and the bank don't care about my moral compass they care about my money, that's the reality of the American way of life.

I chose Quiznos cause I had to personally buy it, and it's well populated in case she got angry or violent id have witnesses there and security. If it's any consolation to the employee I also bought her a twenty dollar gas card to help her on the job hunt.
Well if I were you, I'd be looking for a new job before your asshat employer decides you're too fat or bald, or some silly such thing and takes you to a McDonalds to fire you. But, hey, at least you'll get a nice lunch.

Old 08-19-2014, 04:40 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,766,452 times
You had better start practicing not sleeping nights, if she wakes up and files the right type of lawsuit. You will be one of the people named in the suit. To protect yourself, be prepared to tell the court that it was the fault of Mr X who ordered her firing the the reason you were told to fire her. Might cut the judgement to you a few hundred thousand. If she does file, she will get a judgement that will mean she never has to work again, and your employer will wish she still worked there. When it all comes out and you admit the truth, you are going to be the one that has to look for work.

Old 08-19-2014, 04:42 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
This one is going into the books. I mean, it is a prime example of how NOT to fire someone.

At least now we'll recognize her when the poor fired lady logs on to CD and starts a thread about the time she was lured to Quizno's for a "nice lunch, " then fired by a middle manager who RAN OUT.

Old 08-19-2014, 04:45 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:

and it doesn't matter that she does as well?
Did you tell her the truth as to why she was fired?
Did you tell her she is too old and not pretty enough and fat?

Did you put all of that in writing?

I wonder how long before you are too old, not pretty enough and fat. Who do you think is going to get the job of firing you in Quiznos?

Sorry to hear you had to drop $5.00 of your own money, will you have to skip starbucks once?

Old 08-19-2014, 07:40 PM

5 posts, read 4,798 times
Of course I did not tell her the truth, she was already devastated to lose her job last thing she needs is a confidence killer.

I made sure I was extra nice to her, recorded the entire encounter from the pretense of the lunch all the way through the lunch. While I can't state the reason we told her she was terminated, we're confident that wel able to fight her unemployment should she present a claim. I offered her two weeks vac pay atop of a two week severance and a personal guarantee that I will Give all reference calls date and time info only.

All in all I feel bad, but she was not happy at the job she told me during the lunch she said she knew the main supervisor thought she was losing the it factor that all our girls should have.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:56 PM

983 posts, read 995,350 times
Why would you fight her unemployment? Wow, the judge is going to get an earful now.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:59 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Of course I did not tell her the truth, she was already devastated to lose her job last thing she needs is a confidence killer.

I made sure I was extra nice to her, recorded the entire encounter from the pretense of the lunch all the way through the lunch. While I can't state the reason we told her she was terminated, we're confident that wel able to fight her unemployment should she present a claim. I offered her two weeks vac pay atop of a two week severance and a personal guarantee that I will Give all reference calls date and time info only.

All in all I feel bad, but she was not happy at the job she told me during the lunch she said she knew the main supervisor thought she was losing the it factor that all our girls should have.
Well, I'm sure you'll enjoy your long management career at Hooters.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:23 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:

I wouldn't take the bet to the bank yet about the unemployment and don't be surprised when she has a recording of the entire conversation, not just the "you're fired, want one of my chips" part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment