Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 06:41 PM

266 posts, read 285,688 times

Advertisements

[quote=thatguydownsouth;36344703 Im talking about courtship, not harassment.[/QUOTE]

For a lot of dudes, these are the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 07:33 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Griffin View Post
Bars? You ain't gonna get a real relationship in a bar. That's just stupid to even think. You can get drunken sex if that's all you want, but a real relationship from a bar? Stupid thought!

Complete horsehockey. My relationship started at a bar. Most of the weddings I went to over the last 5 or so years started from meetings at bars and were ONS that just kept on going. Totally common. Probably the most common way to meet.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:38 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,927,543 times
Leaving the issue of workplace dating aside, why do women in the US and Canada overwhelmingly expect men to do the chasing? It should be a 50/50 thing. Expecting men to initiate the chase suggests that the woman still believes subconsciously in the notion of women being chattel. North Americans love to criticize people from elsewhere in the world for being sexist and misogynistic, and indeed they are, but people in glass houses...

Old 09-04-2014, 01:46 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times
I don't know...

I work at a community hospital and there have been several workplace romances over the years and so far... happily ever after.

The most common involve young Doctors and young Nurses which in my tenure number 5.

Also had two OR Techs get married...

Doesn't seem to be a stumbling block or career killer...

A little off topic... each year sons and mostly daughters of Docs get hired as summer interns... most are just happy for the job experience and some have used it to get started in the medical career... I'm very good friends with one and she is now a Doctor... her first job was a summer internship her father had set up and no, they are not practicing in the same field... he is ortho and she is an eye doctor...

Old 09-04-2014, 03:21 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
I met my wife at work. Lots of people at the hospital have done that. I would bet lots of hospitals have had the same situation. we are like mini cities. Many of us spend our time together at work and away from work. We have maybe 2,000 employees and I probably know most of them. I see people meeting all the time. I have helped set people up. I don't see a problem with it at all.

Liquid courage? That is for people that have no game.

I may be 49 years old but that does not change things about how people opperate. Are people scared about dating in the work place? I bet a lot of people are. It sure does not take too long thought to figure out who is interested and who is not. Personally I like making friends with everyone. I like being the life of the party and even in a club where most people are drinking, and I am not, I still manage to have plenty of fun, even as old as I am.

Here is the deal, if a coworker invited you to a new eatery would you go if that person was the same sex as you were? Chances are if this was someone you didn't mind working with you might go, or at least many people would. Why is it so differant with a coworker of the opposite sex? Realize that you just want to get to know someone and you may even be having a working lunch or dinner with this person. I don't see that as a big deal but it does one thing, gets you away from the office where you can get to know each other a little bit. It really is in how the invite is offered. As long as you are not cheating I don't see any problems. (Had to toss that out there because some married dude is going to try this.)

Get to know coworkers off site and see what happens. Maybe dinner turns into a movie, dancing, or if you prefer Drinks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment