Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 09:55 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
He was flirting with someone else when I said that.
Okay, change it to, "You do know there are laws about this kind of thing, don't you?"

But here's the thing. He wasn't flirting with you and the people he heaps most of his attention on are not objecting. I would lie low and record everything and then have a private conversation rather than being openly confrontational. What's going to happen is, he'll be let go, and his little posse will turn on you in a big way. In fact, they may make it their goal to get rid of you next. Be careful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2014, 03:06 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
... What's going to happen is, he'll be let go, and his little posse will turn on you in a big way. In fact, they may make it their goal to get rid of you next. Be careful.

This is true. Be careful. I would stay away from his group for awhile, even if it meant changing my lunch or break schedule so you aren't stuck at a table near them. Don't tell ANYONE at work why you are altering your schedule, it only takes 1 person to spread it around to 1 person they trust - who tells 1 person they trust.

Or eat lunch elsewhere. He's stirring up trouble but you look like a snitcher in their eyes. And nobody likes a snitcher. So watch your back from all of his group. They will be looking at ways to get back at you. If they see you doing anything wrong, they are going to be snitching on you. This is going to be middle school all over again for awhile.

Old 10-11-2014, 05:27 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
This is true. Be careful. I would stay away from his group for awhile, even if it meant changing my lunch or break schedule so you aren't stuck at a table near them. Don't tell ANYONE at work why you are altering your schedule, it only takes 1 person to spread it around to 1 person they trust - who tells 1 person they trust.

Or eat lunch elsewhere. He's stirring up trouble but you look like a snitcher in their eyes. And nobody likes a snitcher. So watch your back from all of his group. They will be looking at ways to get back at you. If they see you doing anything wrong, they are going to be snitching on you. This is going to be middle school all over again for awhile.
Regarding the bolded part in pink...

The 2 people he thought who snitched, me and the Senior Supervisor's assistant, did not. I told him I did not tell the Senior Supervisor's assistant what to do. The Senior Supervisor's assistant did the same thing. She told him she did not her superior, the Senior Supervisor.

This is not the first time I have been sexually harassed at work by a guy older than me.

Old 10-11-2014, 10:20 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
Quote:

The 2 people he thought who snitched, me and the Senior Supervisor's assistant, did not. I told him I did not tell the Senior Supervisor's assistant what to do. The Senior Supervisor's assistant did the same thing. She told him she did not her superior, the Senior Supervisor.

This is not the first time I have been sexually harassed at work by a guy older than me.
Keywords Look like.

Old 10-12-2014, 06:33 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:

It doesn't matter whether you snitched or not. They think you snitched, therefore, they will be out to get you. They see you debating with him about the flirting, so they can only think that all the trouble was initiated by you.

I am not saying you did anything wrong, because you didn't. In fact, there is nothing wrong in reporting this to management or HR. You should never have to deal with sexual harrassment at work and you should be able to report it without relatiation. I applaud you for recognizing it and bringing it up.

YOU did the right thing. It's him and the group that are wrong. But you have to be prepared for them(his group) making you the scapegoat over HIS wrongdoing. They already put him on a pedestal because he is in their group...so YOU are what caused the problems in their eyes, not him. Yes, it's wrong. But it's how it is and you just need to CYA from each member of his group for a long time.

Old 10-15-2014, 05:16 PM

When I walked into the break-room for lunch today, the gang leader *the flirty one* was pissed because one of the 19 year old female employees whom he flirted with was fired today. That is what he said.

He also wants to start a petition regarding giving everyone a raise.

Old 10-22-2014, 04:49 PM

From what I heard the flirty guy has been watching several training videos regarding our employers sexual harassment policy.

But...

He still calls the only 19 year old employee there now that the other one was fired pet names such as baby.

Old 10-22-2014, 05:02 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
I wonder what line of b.s. he fed people that a 19 year old was fired instead of him.

The other 19 year old must not be paying attention or she'd stay away from him.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:30 AM

Default Good news

Found out that the "flirty guy" has expressed an interest in being a painter for our employer. He would be getting a pay increase. He would be working the 2nd shift instead of the first shift. All of the painters are males, and so he should not be flirting with them on the job.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:45 AM

1,596 posts, read 2,059,032 times
Quote:
There is a fairly new male employee at work who flirts with any female employee regardless of 1) her age and 2) her relationship status. Single and not in a relationship, single and in a relationship, engaged or married... he will flirt with you. This includes me, and I am married. My husband is aware of his behavior. He also works there, and he has made him aware of the fact that he does not appreciate that behavior around me.

He is 52 years old.

There are two 19 year old female employees whom he flirts with. He calls them 1) babe, 2) baby girl or 3) baby.

When one of these female employees announced that her 19th birthday was this week, he called her a PYT. Then when she did not know what that meant, he told her that she is a pretty young thing.

The 3 of them plus 2 more employees *one male and one female* decided to call each other at work by pet names... babe, baby girl, baby and so on. All 5 of them hang out as a group.

He has been told by the Senior Supervisor's *who is over everyone at work* assistant to stop his behavior because according to company policy, it is considered sexual harassment, but he continued doing it. The reason why I know this is because she let me know this since I am married and my husband has made his feelings known to him about his behavior. My husband and I talk to her at work. She is also married.

My husband has been on vacation this week.

Earlier this week I caught him flirting with a female employee, and so I told him that he is a flirt. This happened in the office where everyone clocks in and out at. He told me 1) he cannot help himself when it comes to his flirting at work, 2) his flirting is a part of him, 3) he is not serious about his intentions and 4) the female whom he flirts with should know about his intentions.

He then called me baby. So I showed him my wedding ring and told him 1) I am married and 2) he cannot call me baby.

I mentioned to the Senior Supervisor's assistant what happened. The two of us were in the break room when I spoke to her along with one of the female employees who is part of the group of employees who hang out as a group.

The following morning at work that group was complaining about the fact that he had been reported to the Senior Supervisor regarding his flirty behavior. The Senior Supervisor assistant's name was brought up in the conversation by him. He then saw me and told me in a pissy tone of voice that 1) he will not call me pet names anymore, 2) he was reported to the Senior Supervisor regarding his flirty behavior, 3) I must have told the Senior Supervisor's assistant to report his behavior and then he called me baby again. I gave him a look of do not call me baby again. I told him that 1) I did not tell the Senior Supervisor's assistant what to do and 2) it was her choice to report it.

I get a call from her later that morning on my work cell phone asking me what happened because according to her the entire group came to the office where she works at *the one where everyone clocks in and out at* demanding to know why she reported him to the Senior Supervisor. I let her know what happened. Turns out she did not report him. Someone else did, but we do not know who.

I let my husband know what happened. He said to leave the guy alone for a couple of days. He will do the same when he returns to work on Monday.

Why do you work in such a cesspool of low class, low morals morons?

Why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment