Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 04:55 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turner23x View Post
Well b/c it wasnt busy and it wasn't impeding my work imo

Your opinion means absolutely nothing when you knowingly broke the rules and not only had the cell phone out but was using it.

The "frickers" as you call them are the ones who sign the payroll checks and have the power to do exactly what they did which is force you to find the end of the unemployment line.
When the "fricker" has the power it is better to be the "fricker" than the "frickee".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 04:56 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,313,164 times
Life lesson . They may let it go but you already have one write up so that doesn't bode well. Keep you're head up. I dont know if it's your 1st job but it certainly won't be your last. There are other opportunities.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:01 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
Yea i was actually using it and had it out a while. Here's the thing tho. I was in a relatively small area where I was the only employee from my company was stationed. Me and TSA employees were the only airport workers there. I was checking boarding passes/tickets and sending the passengers into the cue and down to TSA/security checkpoint.

So im thinking its cool and im alone; so i had my cell out b/c none of my supervisors are ever out there. I got caught by guys that run/own the airport via the video camera. These fckers actually took a picture of me through the camera in the ceiling and emailed that picture to the company i work for. After that they sent me home.
Oh ouch. yeah thats bad, if it was your supervisor catching you it wouldnt be as bad, when its their customer sending the complaint....ouch.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:02 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Well b/c it wasnt busy and it wasn't impeding my work imo

This indicates you've learned nothing and you'll go on to repeat your mistake and be fired again. It shows a lack of maturity when you break a rule, suffer a consequence, and continue to blame the other guy.

When you are being paid to do a job, you're expected to follow the rules of those who are paying you. You can hold any opinion about those rules that you wish, as long as you 1) keep your opinion to yourself,and 2) follow the rules.

That's life in the adult world, like it or not.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:04 PM

154 posts, read 361,648 times
No ive learned my lesson. You have to shut up, stay in line and take it up the behind

Old 10-28-2014, 05:10 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
No ive learned my lesson. You have to shut up, stay in line and take it up the behind
That's ^^ your lesson if you want to stay unemployed.

If you want to earn a paycheck, your lesson is that you follow the rules.

It's not up to you to decide "when it's OK." They told you when you were hired that it's never OK. There are no other conditions. Even if you THINK no one is watching, YOU KNOW the rules. If you cannot be trusted to even follow the one simple rule, you should not be in that position.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:20 PM

271 posts, read 427,180 times
honestly OP i don't know how old you are but if you're so insistent on being able to do whatever you want at work, get a degree and work in a field that gives you autonomy and makes you a valuable employee that's not so easy to replace. my husband and i have advance degrees and work in well paying fields that couldn't give a hoot if we're on our phones or not. on the other hand, i don't use my phone much at work b/c well, i'm busy actually WORKING.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:44 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Then I would go buy a farm and live off the land if I were you, because no matter where you work there will be rules, and you will be expected to follow them.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:45 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,771,138 times
Quote:
Talk about the punishment not fitting the crime! I don't share the viewpoint of the others...maybe you made a small mistake, but it's ridiculous that they would send you home over something so silly. People have no compassion anymore, it seems. I hope you land on your feet.
This is what is wrong with the work place. Young people like the OP and the poster quoted above, do not think that work place rules apply to them. Policy is no Cell Phone use period. Then either the OP and poster above are not smart enough to do the job as they see nothing wrong with breaking company rules and understand this means them, or they think they don't care what company rules are, and are going to do things their way. Either way, they should be fired for breaking rules.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:48 PM

399 posts, read 568,631 times
This thread tells me a couple of things about the OP:

1. He/She is very young
2. They're EXTREMELY immature

For some reason this last generation of kids has come out and they've been taught that the rules don't apply to them or they only apply if THEY think it's important enough to follow. There's no respect for rules that are rules just because they're rules and they don't like to be told their wrong nor do they actually appreciate being held accountable for their actions.

I mean honestly, in your first 90 days in your job you're already written up and in that same period of time you've violated the rules TWICE? No, you wouldn't have a job with me either. Sounds to me like you need to be self employed or someone failed MISERABLY at teaching you this thing called DISCIPLINE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment