Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 09:31 PM

265 posts, read 536,574 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am a recent college graduate with a BA in Psychology and Criminology minor. Are there any entry level jobs that I could get hired for that involve international travel? Or even domestic? I am dying to see the world and have always dreamed of seeing the world.

If you or your spouse has a job that requires travel, what do you do? Could you please give me tips on how to break in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 09:51 PM

14 posts, read 20,192 times
you can teach english in foreign countries. it does not require any qualifications (other than maybe a bachelor's, which you have)

for example, here is one for japan: http://www.us.emb-japan.go.jp/JET/

im pretty sure there are more for japan too. not to mention ones for china, south korea, etc. and i am also pretty sure they have some for south america too. i think you would work by contract so every year you may or may not get renewed, but after your contract is up, you can move on to a different country to teach there

i found a website with a good amount of countries you can possibly teach at

https://www.interexchange.org/workin...english-abroad

Old 02-13-2015, 10:23 PM

Thank you very much. Great idea on teaching. I will check those sites out, I have heard of the Jet program.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:31 PM

14 posts, read 20,192 times
no problem; do you have any country you are particularly interested in if you were to do it? just wondering

Old 02-13-2015, 10:48 PM

17,744 posts, read 30,009,139 times
Coyote

Old 02-13-2015, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veido View Post
no problem; do you have any country you are particularly interested in if you were to do it? just wondering
I was actually thinking Japan, China, Hong Kong or even Thailand.

Old 02-14-2015, 12:09 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,185,152 times
sometimes it is more the company and less the "job"

Old 02-14-2015, 02:10 AM

511 posts, read 511,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepwater88 View Post
Hi,

I am a recent college graduate with a BA in Psychology and Criminology minor. Are there any entry level jobs that I could get hired for that involve international travel? Or even domestic? I am dying to see the world and have always dreamed of seeing the world.

If you or your spouse has a job that requires travel, what do you do? Could you please give me tips on how to break in?
Amazon hires for seasonal warehouse employees for mid november thru december 23. It's $12.50 per hr in Fernley nevada. And a 50 cent bonus if you stay the whole time. Also 2 hrs of overtime per day as the shifts are 10 hrs Mon-Friday. They will want you to work at least part of the 6th day which is all overtime also. Amazon pays for the Campsite also. But not much to do there over the Winter, with all the snow and all. You could also apply for jobs at the ski resorts in Truckee thru Tahoe but the pay wouldn't be as good. Squaw Valley was hiring housekeepers for $12 per hour and it came with a free season pass with a spousal pass and childrens ski passes

Old 02-14-2015, 04:39 PM

270 posts, read 275,882 times
Outside sales

Old 02-15-2015, 04:49 PM

518 posts, read 875,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsApt View Post
Amazon hires for seasonal warehouse employees for mid november thru december 23. It's $12.50 per hr in Fernley nevada. And a 50 cent bonus if you stay the whole time. Also 2 hrs of overtime per day as the shifts are 10 hrs Mon-Friday. They will want you to work at least part of the 6th day which is all overtime also. Amazon pays for the Campsite also. But not much to do there over the Winter, with all the snow and all. You could also apply for jobs at the ski resorts in Truckee thru Tahoe but the pay wouldn't be as good. Squaw Valley was hiring housekeepers for $12 per hour and it came with a free season pass with a spousal pass and childrens ski passes
How do you know OP lives anywhere near Northern Nevada? Who would travel to stay at a cold campsite for a month and be worked like a dog at warehouse for a month? lol.

As someone mentioned, look into a sales gig or teaching English overseas. Can get a job with the airlines... all sorts of jobs.

Or some of those asian countries you mentioned you could probably easily visit and get some short term work visa. Get a job at a tourist spot there catering to visitors from USA, europe etc.

Think outside the box. Save up some money. And try something out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment