Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2015, 08:52 PM

2,775 posts, read 3,762,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I agree.

For it to be in line with your baby pix, you had to have saved it to your photo feed. Who saves a beheading video? And it's right next to your baby pix??
It all rolls into one sectionhotos. Which also stores photos and videos either from download, text format or otherwise. Also, it wasn't just in-line next to the baby pictures. There were also other pictures after the baby ones. Other photos and such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 08:57 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredC View Post
It all rolls into one sectionhotos. Which also stores photos and videos either from download, text format or otherwise. Also, it wasn't just in-line next to the baby pictures. There were also other pictures after the baby ones. Other photos and such.
Hmm. My phone doesn't autosave videos that are texted or emailed to me. I have to do that myself.

So she just ran through your photo stream??? How long was she holding your phone?

Old 11-17-2015, 08:58 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmills View Post
I'm going to just put this out there. Your story sounds a little "fishy." It sounds like the explanation my 12 yo gives me when he gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar. You sound like you are working AWFUL hard to sound innocent, which leads me to question whether things happened JUST like you said. Just saying.
Yes it does sound a bit odd when re-reading it.

Maybe the OP was taking liberties with the truth?

I've never heard of fake Mexican cartel beheading videos. I think those videos are all sickeningly authentic.

What I'm thinking is, the video was actually something like a clip from Debbie Does Dallas 23, and the OP was so embarrassed and humiliated, the only way he can 'mask' the incident on this very public forum is by saying it was a beheading video.

Old 11-17-2015, 09:49 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,378,490 times
Default Other than advice off the record

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
Even if the OP is represented by a union I would have an employment lawyer lined up. Postpone the meeting until you get your ducks in a row.
Usually you can't employ a lawyer without a release from your Union.
In the case of Labour Law in BC you can actually get fired by your union for attempting to interfere with their defense of your case. I know it sounds strange, but that's usually the law. Where I am the only Union that even allows this is the Teachers Union, and you have to sign a release from liability and shoulder all the costs yourself.

You can go get advice, but it's off the record. Hoping for a followup on this case.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:42 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,883,162 times
Lot of replies here that I didn't comb through. If OP is a US "at will" employee the employer can take whatever action they choose whether the video is authentic, or not.

Old 11-18-2015, 06:26 AM

3,657 posts, read 3,289,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmills View Post
I'm going to just put this out there. Your story sounds a little "fishy." It sounds like the explanation my 12 yo gives me when he gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar. You sound like you are working AWFUL hard to sound innocent, which leads me to question whether things happened JUST like you said. Just saying.
So what do you think is fishy here? Please give us your creative imagination of what you think really happened and what is going on. Because I am missing what is fishy here about this.

Old 11-18-2015, 06:29 AM

3,657 posts, read 3,289,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

I've never heard of fake Mexican cartel beheading videos. I think those videos are all sickeningly authentic.

What I'm thinking is, the video was actually something like a clip from Debbie Does Dallas 23, and the OP was so embarrassed and humiliated, the only way he can 'mask' the incident on this very public forum is by saying it was a beheading video.
Here is one, from the TV show Weeds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqVaJwEmsoI

Old 11-18-2015, 07:40 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,988,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

Well, as someone whose job responsibilities include the blocking of inappropriate content and sometimes include investigation of employee internet usage, I can, unfortunately, assure you that there are in fact cartel beheading videos easily found on the Internet, including at least one in which some of the victims are naked. If that is what the woman saw on a phone he handed her, it's not going to be viewed as unreasonable that she felt it created a hostile environment. I've seen people get fired over a lot less.

OP does need representation if this is really what the issue is.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:02 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,104,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastguyz View Post
So what do you think is fishy here? Please give us your creative imagination of what you think really happened and what is going on. Because I am missing what is fishy here about this.
What sounds "fishy" is not the video itself, but all the details of how it became an issue. Go back and read his explanation.

As a said, It sounds strangely like my 12 year old concocting an explanation for why he wasn't really stealing a cookie from the cookie jar, but how he came into the kitchen and saw the lid ajar. Immediately he suspected that maybe we had had intrudes in the night. He went to the jar and noticed it seemed lighter than usual, so he started to count the cookies one by one to ensure they were all accounted for, and I had walked in as he was counting the first cookie, making it look like he was stealing one, but actually he was doing something that he obviously wasn't.

Possible? Yes. Plausible? Not really. A little to convenient? Definitely!

Old 11-18-2015, 08:46 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,279,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Well, as someone whose job responsibilities include the blocking of inappropriate content and sometimes include investigation of employee internet usage, I can, unfortunately, assure you that there are in fact cartel beheading videos easily found on the Internet, including at least one in which some of the victims are naked. If that is what the woman saw on a phone he handed her, it's not going to be viewed as unreasonable that she felt it created a hostile environment. I've seen people get fired over a lot less.

OP does need representation if this is really what the issue is.

Thank you.

Can you access information downloaded over the company's Wi-Fi?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment