Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2016, 05:22 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,620,994 times

Advertisements

Have you ever had to deal with a boss that is jealous. I have been working on a job for about a month now. Took the job because it paid well and would give me an opportunity to take on greater responsibility.

But dealing with issues that I never imagined I would have to deal with. Came in to the job not really know what my responsibilities are and still am trying to figure things out.

My boss has received a lot of public praise and attention for efforts in the past. But she cannot do the work that needs to be done to move my organization forward. That is why I was hired. I don't want nor need praise from anyone. Happy to sit behind the scenes as long as I am getting paid weel.

However, as the days pass, I feel that my boss is in competition with me. My work is second guessed. My boss throws things in my face all the time special benefits that she gets because of her position. When we have group conversations and I share my knowledge with others she completely acts as if I dont have any idea what I am talking about.

Just wondering if anybody has ever dealt with anything like this before?

I am thankful to be getting the experience that I am getting. But this bosses behavior has helped me to see that my job is one that I wouldn't want to work more than a year or two at the most. I just can't see myself working for anyone that feels threatened by the work that I do.

I find it very peculiar that a person would hire you and then feel threatened and/or jealous of your progress.

Maybe it is just my imagination. Maybe not.

Has anyone else been in a situation like this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment