Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2016, 04:46 AM

4 posts, read 18,939 times

Advertisements

So I applied for a warehouse loader position for Pepsi in northeast Philly on April 5th and still haven't gotten an interview. When I applied the job posting was 2 only hours old so I'd figure i would be at the top of the list. Any way After a while I started calling corporate and got a hold of someone and talked with them for a minute, they basically gave me the run around. On April 12th I received an email stating I was still in consideration and will be contacted (doesn't sound guaranteed). On April 15th I got an email from a guy in HR in NE Philly basically stating the same thing: that I would still be in consideration and to look out for an email. Last Tuesday I talked to someone from corporate and she said I was actually in the next pool of candidates (is she allowed to tell me this?) On my application status it states that I'm still in consideration and will be contacted if needed. Do you think I still have a chance? Im 100% qualified and I heard there while hiring process can take over a month. If you've worked at or work at pepsi how long did it take you to get hired? What was the process steps?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2016, 06:09 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,534,604 times
mschemist used to work for them, or another drink company. he hated it there...

but i didnt think those kind of jobs were direct pepsi employees. i was under the impression that the warehouses/distribution centers were an outside company contracted by pepsi to move their products.

Old 04-25-2016, 06:25 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,420,544 times
Pepsi likes to hire contractors through agencies so they don't have to pay benefits or treat their workers well and they can fire them at any time with one phone call. I hated working for them. The worst part is they would send daily email on fake awards they won for being one of America's most ethical companies (in their sick delusional minds they are). I found morale there atrociously bad. They are the epitome of every negative stereotype of big American corporations.

They also very rarely hire their contractors.

Last edited by MSchemist80; 04-25-2016 at 06:35 AM..

Old 04-25-2016, 06:35 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,534,604 times
forgot to add in last post, but them being a third party to pepsi, that is why you are getting the run around. you are contacting the wrong people if you called the corporate office. to them you are under consideration because the distribution center hasnt told them anything about you. they cant say you are hired since they dont know, and legally they cant say you arent hired because they arent in control of the hiring there.

depending on how much time you want to waste, you could try going to the site, and asking for the floor manager. explain that you applied, wanted to check on position if it was filled, or not. this is just to get him to get a good vibe off of you, if he likes you he might push to get you hired more. if not, he gives you a bunch of red tape, tells you that he cant help and hands you to hr or just asks you to leave and wait until you get contacted. IE how much time do you want to waste on the hope that getting face to face with the future boss and him liking you. outside of being desperate, most wouldnt bother. but if you have no job and nothing else in works, it wouldnt hurt to try.

Last edited by MLSFan; 04-25-2016 at 06:46 AM..

Old 04-25-2016, 08:12 AM

3,516 posts, read 7,778,964 times
The main question is why are you wasting so much effort for one job application. Submit your application and move on. You should never be so hung up on a job that your wasting so much time and effort checking on the status. Like it or not, most of the applications you submit for job openings never get read, keep applying for jobs until someone contracts you for an interview.

I applied for a meter reading position at the electric company once, it was a year before I hear from them they wanted to interview me, but that time I long since got job somewhere and wasn't interest anymore.

Old 04-25-2016, 08:16 AM

4 posts, read 18,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
The main question is why are you wasting so much effort for one job application. Submit your application and move on. You should never be so hung up on a job that your wasting so much time and effort checking on the status. Like it or not, most of the applications you submit for job openings never get read, keep applying for jobs until someone contracts you for an interview.

I applied for a meter reading position at the electric company once, it was a year before I hear from them they wanted to interview me, but that time I long since got job somewhere and wasn't interest anymore.
Trust me Im not, I have applied other places. I just received an offer for a warehouse receiver position at Restaurant depot. My thing with pepsi is their warehouse loaders make 18.78/hour so I would try to di everything to get a good paying job like that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment