Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 11:06 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,426,125 times

Advertisements

Most of the OP's posts are made during normal working hours. Is she surfing the internet while her company is paying her to work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2016, 11:09 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,329,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo775 View Post
I really would like constructive feed back and not the "it's not your business" it's between her and management" because I'm really just trying to understand if this is normal practice at a large company? The last one I worked at for many years would have fired her long ago. She has been here almost 2 years. First 2 months she had every excuse to be late or call in. Sometimes a week at a time. Now she is late or taking many days off because her daughter is sick. She was off for a week last month when her daughter supposedly tried to OD and after that kept leaving early for appointments. Now she is off again and nobody knows when she will be back because her daughter supposedly ODed again. People are starting to get a little frustrated because we always have to cover her work. I understand her daughter has issues but you also have a job that you need to be reliable for and then you also have to start to question what is the truth. There is always drama with her it seems and she tells everyone everythiing. Also she still takes all her vacation days even though she has been absent so often.
Sorry, but it's "it's not your business".

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
You have asked this question over and over, and the answers are the same every time. Mind your own business. If you don't like the situation, get another job somewhere else. It's really that simple, whether she is your cousin or not.

If your child is suicidal should be allowed to have access to their meds?

How many days off until you loose your job?

Do kids always come before your job?

Molestation from ex husband

No sick days?

Surgery for ulcer?

That said, you really should be thankful that your employer is so understanding. After all, one of your posts infers that you probably have cancer and are in denial about it.

Can I refuse a test my Dr keeps harassing me about?
Interesting thread history. This is why people create new screen names here all the time, and we should always be weary of those types.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Most of the OP's posts are made during normal working hours. Is she surfing the internet while her company is paying her to work?
Lucky for her it's not our business! :P

Old 10-13-2016, 11:17 AM

3,545 posts, read 6,030,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
Interesting thread history. This is why people create new screen names here all the time, and we should always be weary of those types.
I'm quite weary (very tired) of them. I also tend to be wary (suspicious, watchful) of them

Old 10-13-2016, 12:01 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,426,125 times
Amazing! Wish I could rep you but will have to wait until I've spread it around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
You have asked this question over and over, and the answers are the same every time. Mind your own business. If you don't like the situation, get another job somewhere else. It's really that simple, whether she is your cousin or not.

If your child is suicidal should be allowed to have access to their meds?

How many days off until you loose your job?

Do kids always come before your job?

Molestation from ex husband

No sick days?

Surgery for ulcer?

That said, you really should be thankful that your employer is so understanding. After all, one of your posts infers that you probably have cancer and are in denial about it.

Can I refuse a test my Dr keeps harassing me about?

Old 10-13-2016, 12:05 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,783,142 times
Quote:
And wtf is with the bullying above. I thought this was a discussion board. Not a place where people make you feel like an idiot.
Oh man, welcome to W&E forum, you'll get that and more. But they don't call it "Bullying" THEY say "But we are discussing, it's just not what YOU want discussed".

Old 10-14-2016, 06:50 AM

540 posts, read 1,096,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
I didn't mean to imply that people have a right to knowledge about someone's personal business (though in my experience these type of people enjoy telling their coworkers all the little details of their problems, in a bid for sympathy). I'm simply saying she does have a right to be concerned if the solution to the continuous absences is to simply pass off the work to the remaining coworkers.
Telling an employee 'it's none of your business, get back to work" is poor mgt in my opinion. Much better to acknowledge there is an issue and ask the remaining employees to pitch in until the problem is resolved, and show some appreciation for the extra work they have to do.
It really isn't any wonder morale at many companies seems to be at such an all time low when employers can't be bothered to address small issues like this.
Technically with HIPAA and FMLA the management can't really disclose anything about the person to their co-workers.

The OP needs to be more proactive (ie, actually talking to management and/or looking for another job) instead of creating multiple threads looking for sympathy. But from their post history, they seem to be a nosy busybody that doesn't take anyone's advice (even their doctor is wrong) so they'll probably make yet another thread about this same issue in a couple of weeks.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:47 AM

305 posts, read 330,765 times
OK so she told us today the reason she was out again for 3 days is because she has to attend family meeting and always be at the hospital for her kid. She can't come to work because the hospital tells her she has to be there?

Old 10-14-2016, 08:49 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,644,795 times
I can sort of understand the OP issue. I remember years ago one of the admin folks was diagnosed with MS. She was ok for a long time, graduated to a wheelchair and then was further disabled. She missed so much work, and the other clericals had to do her work. She could of taken disability or early federal retirement, but she would not.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:51 AM

1,180 posts, read 777,688 times
Quote:
OK so she told us today the reason she was out again for 3 days is because she has to attend family meeting and always be at the hospital for her kid. She can't come to work because the hospital tells her she has to be there?
She won't have a job for very long.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:52 AM

1,180 posts, read 777,688 times
Re-wording: It's a business, not a charity.

If someone cannot show up for work, barring some kind of funky and weird legally protected statuses, then that person will not have a job.

Everyone can be replaced tomorrow. Probably even the same day. Everyone.

Hope this helps...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment