Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 04:49 PM

21 posts, read 18,224 times

Advertisements

Alone or in a 2 person team
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 02:36 PM

265 posts, read 348,049 times
Just an update to everyone. This is my third week at the new job, a bit challenging, but I like that, who doesn't! My paycheck will look a lot better anyways and I will be learning a lot about medical systems and devices.

Thanks a lot again for trying to help me!

Old 11-21-2016, 03:15 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,371 times
Alone. I've found that people that yell the loudest about teamwork are usually the laziest. I always get things done way faster on my own. I don't care about people personal lives. I don't need to like other people to do my job. Amazes my how many people come in to work and they need stupid ***** like "pizza Fridays" or team building exercises.

Old 11-21-2016, 03:53 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,644,793 times
Alone. I hate people. The end.

Old 11-21-2016, 07:55 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,354,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Alone. I've found that people that yell the loudest about teamwork are usually the laziest. I always get things done way faster on my own. I don't care about people personal lives. I don't need to like other people to do my job. Amazes my how many people come in to work and they need stupid ***** like "pizza Fridays" or team building exercises.
team building exercises are useless! i hated those back in college and a few of my prior jobs. and when you're in a mostly female department, then you have the girls' night about drowning yourself in drinks until you have to puke.

Old 11-21-2016, 09:36 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,876,319 times
Alone. You do A, I'll do B, she'll do C and he'll do D and it will all come together in the end. Now leave me be so I can start working on B.

Old 11-22-2016, 05:49 AM

9,406 posts, read 8,369,560 times
I would rather chop my hand off than to sit through my 7th team meeting for the week to listen to people talk about literally nothing for an hour or more at a time.

So my vote is ALONE.

Old 11-23-2016, 03:37 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
I don't hate people but the gossip and small talk gets nauseating after awhile... Shallow and meandering... A lot of talk with not much said. Sports. Sex. Partying. Yawn.

Old 11-23-2016, 03:47 AM

290 posts, read 366,742 times
Alone.

Gossip and small talk bore me, I have no use for that.

Then there's the fact that the fastest, most innovative worker or two in the group gets stuck with all the work while the others freeload. Done with that scene. Sure, there's a time and a place for groupwork, but most office scenarios, most business problems, are NOT it.

Group work, and the creep toward increasing amounts of group work in recent jobs, was one of the single largest motivators for me to go into business for myself. Having the freedom to dictate my own pace, come up with as many ideas as I like (and do with them what I wish), and be totally accountable for me, myself, and I (and no one else) was just too alluring to pass up, even when taking into account PTO, benefits, etc.

Old 11-23-2016, 12:20 PM

6,009 posts, read 6,668,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTY483 View Post
Alone. You do A, I'll do B, she'll do C and he'll do D and it will all come together in the end. Now leave me be so I can start working on B.

This isn't really alone...... this is a team effort divided up into smaller individual efforts. Without input from the entire team the project can't be completed.

I think people are confusing teams with outings. Working as a team means a group is dedicated to a task and each person in that team has a role to fulfill. Once each role is fulfilled, the team can complete the project.

Sometimes however, one effort as part of a larger team effort may require collaboration. In those instances, it is much easier to work as a team towards the goal than to have individuals stepping on others toes trying to work the same task.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment