Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 10:23 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,115,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
You do not have to agree with him for him to be right.
Becasue you say so ... lol, this is not hard science. You dont get to make absolute statements and remain intellectually honest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2017, 10:24 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,026,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
You do not have to agree with him for him to be right.
Is this kinda like "Alternative Facts?"

Old 03-09-2017, 10:43 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,115,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
Differing political opinions are not "facts", right now an employer can fire someone for no reason. I am saying that the will of the people can change this at an time when people stop being complaicent.

Because you can be fired at any time for any reason there is no reason to tolerate the abuse, just get up and walk out and come back later, if you get fired you get fired, they could have fired you anyways if you sneezed wrong. The key is keeping the toxicity out of your body

IF YOU PANDER AND GET FIRED ANYWAYS YOU WILL POISEN YOUR BODY. It is poisen to cower down to a bully and then suffer the consequences anyways.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:55 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,026,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
Differing political opinions are not "facts", right now an employer can fire someone for no reason. I am saying that the will of the people can change this at an time when people stop being complaicent.

Because you can be fired at any time for any reason there is no reason to tolerate the abuse, just get up and walk out and come back later, if you get fired you get fired, they could have fired you anyways if you sneezed wrong. The key is keeping the toxicity out of your body

IF YOU PANDER AND GET FIRED ANYWAYS YOU WILL POISEN YOUR BODY. It is poisen to cower down to a bully and then suffer the consequences anyways.
Excellent Post

Old 03-10-2017, 06:03 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,943,174 times
Quote:

The popular notion that you have to release strong emotions because not doing so is unhealthy has roots that has been around for thousands of years. There's only one problem with this notion: it's simply not true. Period.

I worked with domestic violence offenders for six years, and the last thing you wanted to tell these guys was vent their anger. The mature and rational thing to do is to nip the anger in the bud. There is no "toxicity" that will remain in your body if you turn away from a "bully". Which is precisely what you teach someone with an anger problem to do.

https://youarenotsosmart.com/2010/08/11/catharsis
VENTING ANGER MAY DO MORE HARM THAN GOOD - NYTimes.com

Employers can fire someone with no reason - but there are restrictions in many states that limit what they can do:

https://www.rocketlawyer.com/article...t-states-ps.rl

The "will of the people" can't change this at any time -- unless you're proposing the government take over running business (fascism), or the proletariat take ownership of the means of production (communism). Good luck implementing either of those. I seem to recall both have been tried, and failed.

Old 03-10-2017, 06:23 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,801 times
Quote:
Becasue you say so ... lol, this is not hard science. You dont get to make absolute statements and remain intellectually honest.
You are saying that the clients are your employers and not the company you work for, yet you use the word boss when referring to your supervisor in the company you work for.

If they are paying you and can fire you then that is a good sign they are your employer. Your theories seem to be a little disconnected and I think will eventually catch up to you if you do not realize this soon.

Old 03-10-2017, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
No, he is saying that he does not work for his employer, he works for his employers clients and the employer is the middle man.

If the employer is paying his paycheck and can fire him that is a good sign that he is their employee and I am sure if there was a legal matter he would try to go after them and they would magically not be the middle man anymore.

But I am open to hear your clear views on the situation Nancy.

In the end I do not really think it matters though because I think this situation will resolve itself.

Old 03-10-2017, 06:32 AM

Quote:

I know very few people who have been fired.

It is not a political opinion that if you interview for a job with someone, they hire you, they pay your paycheck and they can fire you that they are your employer.

It is fantasy to think that they are not and that somehow their clients are your employer. I do know people who thought that their close relationship with the clients would save them and some of them are among the few people I know to have been fired. The company got someone else to work with the clients and soon the clients forgot that employee ever existed.

On a more political topic I do not think that a "silk" Hawaiian shirt is a dress shirt nor do I think it is business casual.

Old 03-10-2017, 06:33 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,667,017 times
Quote:
Wrong the company is a middle man who holds the contract and the clients mandate that due to liability issue, at the end of the day it boils down to my relationship with the client. That's the only thing that keeps you employed because no matter how much you follow the middle mans policies if the client does not request you by name then you will be laid off as you don't have any work.

Now if you worked directly for a manufacturer that would be different but even then there are internal politics you have to learn.

Also getting in good with state senators is helpful when you need something.

Wrong again.

The company contracted with the client to provide a goods and or service to them. The company then determines who out of their pool of resources they will use to provide that service. While you may be doing the physical work, you do not work for the client. You work for the company that is contracted to the client. If you got hit by a bus tomorrow, the company will simply provide another resource to continue that service to the client. There is a very large difference in that.

I don't get why you think every company is in with the government. They're not.

Old 03-10-2017, 06:35 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,667,017 times
Quote:
We are comparing apples to oranges, I agree with you when it comes to mom and pop outfits where the owner put it all on the line. When it comes to mega corps where the "manager" is some petty functionary and the mega corp is getting political favor to get their 40% ror and exploit the people we are in complete disagreement.

How do you think a "megacorp" gets started? At some point some person started it. Even if it is not a megacorp, the CEO and the board have a lot on the line. When companies get that large, it becomes even more difficult to manage the company and keep it in line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment