Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 02:26 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times

Advertisements

Being refused OT was so stressful you went home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2017, 02:29 PM

51 posts, read 40,586 times
If you worked overtime and didn't get paid overtime, that is illegal.

And totally discriminatory if they are paying others for their overtime but not you

No excuse for that

Old 06-24-2017, 02:42 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reazor View Post
how i can check my old posts?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=28658667

Old 06-24-2017, 03:32 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,323,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Schultz View Post
If you worked overtime and didn't get paid overtime, that is illegal.

And totally discriminatory if they are paying others for their overtime but not you

No excuse for that
Exactly.

First if it were just because you did not get paid overtime for working overtime, you should talk calmly to your manager or the payroll person to request for the adjustment. They should adjust the parity and pay you back in your next pay period. If both your manager and the payroll department refused to pay overtime when you worked overtime, that was illegal.

Is your company a big company? Do you have union? If yes, when you cannot deal with the manager, ask your union rep to step in to deal with that manager for you. If you have work stress because of discrimination which can cause you feeling very sick, report everything to the union, go to see a counselor and your doctor and ask for a sick note. Your manager cannot fire you because you are sick. But the best is to keep yourself healthy and don't phone in sick often; and when you are at work, do your job well and productively. Learn to get along with others by being nice reasonably and professional.

Old 06-24-2017, 04:42 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,188,935 times
Did you get a trophy every time you participated? Instead of complaining to everyone, you should have asked what you could do to make sure you get overtime and your shift is correct. Do you need to remind someone? Instead of being the problem, try to help and be the solution.

Old 06-24-2017, 05:40 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,764,474 times
When you get so stressed that you have to ho home, when you do not get assigned overtime, it shows you are not strong enough an employee, that they want to give you overtime. It shows you are easily upset, and not someone they assign extra work/hours to.

It shows you do not have the temperament to be reliable and trusted, willing to do whatever needs done. It says to management you are a flake, and not someone they can rely on.

All employees are not equal in work ability and attitude. Overtime is given to your most reliable employees, who you can always count on to do whatever they are assigned to do. Your post shows you are not one of the best, not completely reliable, and worthy of being rewarded and given overtime to make more money for themselves and their family.

Old 06-24-2017, 07:27 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,735,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
When you get so stressed that you have to ho home, when you do not get assigned overtime, it shows you are not strong enough an employee, that they want to give you overtime. It shows you are easily upset, and not someone they assign extra work/hours to.

It shows you do not have the temperament to be reliable and trusted, willing to do whatever needs done. It says to management you are a flake, and not someone they can rely on.

All employees are not equal in work ability and attitude. Overtime is given to your most reliable employees, who you can always count on to do whatever they are assigned to do. Your post shows you are not one of the best, not completely reliable, and worthy of being rewarded and given overtime to make more money for themselves and their family.
I have to agree with this. What is your field? Throwing a tantrum because you were not given overtime and going home because it stressed you out shows management that you can't handle the pressures of the job. This will probably result in no overtime in the future as well due to your reactions. If you feel you are being treated differently than others than you can contact your human resource department and discuss it with them, but just leaving is not helping matters.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:29 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,064,269 times
In my business...I would fire you. Nothing personal.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:32 PM

2,495 posts, read 1,871,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reazor View Post
I was refused overtime occasionally with different reasons, while other workers get it....
Also unfair management is a lack of support, why I should be managed different from other workers?
I mean i would not be a problem worker, if i would be treated in same way as others.

This is a company's values - fairness, respect for individual and so on. If manager says that is ok that im managed unfair, i mean is thats how i should accept it ?
Let's see if I understand correctly.....you say you won't be a "problem" employee if you are treated the way you want to be, which sounds to me like you are one presently. Young sir, problem employees seldom get the "goodies" like overtime, choice assignments, etc. My recommendation: stop being a problem employee and you might just see that you'll start being treated like you want to be treated, instead of how you deserve to be treated.

Old 06-25-2017, 03:21 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
Check online at this website (link below) and follow instructions for calling or filing your complaint online. At the top of the page click "contact dol"

If they think you have a valid complaint something will be done about it.

https://www.dol.gov/

Last edited by JanND; 06-25-2017 at 03:25 AM.. Reason: edit sentence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment