Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 08:18 PM

11 posts, read 8,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
@kindofabigdeal

Nobody on this thread has spoken out against the marijuana industry. People are concerned that OP is being scammed. The particular industry has nothing to do with it.
actually... the original thread is about the ultimatum of this person, in florida. Having an opportunity to go to Vegas to start in the cannabis industry. For someone with no experience in it. I was just speaking (sorry for the hastiness, and extra long comment btw guys) on my experience IN the industry the THREAD was originally about.
Just like Los Angeles, when prop215 went legal for medicinal use. over 3k collectives and blakmarket ran dispensaries ruined it all.
Its an FDA,DEA ran industry. As well with Budwiser, snapple, and tobacco industrys heavy hitters weighing down on it.

You are very correct. in the sense OP is being scammed i guess. But remember its a MOB ran city. Ran by Maloofs, MGM int. and caesars ent. Every job out there is Part time now, NO benefits, ....you know where im going with it.

industry was not irrelevant , just a passion for what I believe all baby boomers should stand up for. The POST?? lol shoulda just said DONT DO IT..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 08:34 PM

11 posts, read 8,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
Actually Vegas is a great city for low wage service workers because the whole city is based upon it and the cost of living reflects that.
absolutely.... the reason I left.
Unless your a stripper, server at a steakhouse, or bartender. That can learn to travel and not toxify in the city. you know... its great.
Stay in the AC all day... car meters melting.. cooking steaks on the asphalt. Burning your side fat with the seatbelt... towels on the entrance to every doorhandle... 7million population , not including TOURISM ... omg... its breathtaking.... and self defeating.
But yeah.... go for it. lol If you get into the right industry, (computer animation, IT, Stagehand, but not UNION.... for those who know what happened in 2012 to the union building city center. There are union strikes, and its all a fixed system. ..
*sigh*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment