Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 11:01 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Definitely not. However, the assumptions you make below in bold are why nothing has been done about the photos:

I get the feeling that the OPs policy manual reads like this^^^.

Being on City Data as long as I have has certainly proved to me that there are people who just don't get it.

Common sense, as they say, is not that common, and unless someone writes a specific policy that bans this type of photo or the OP speaks directly to the woman who doesn't realize you shouldn't send semi-nudes to 300 co-workers, nothing will really change.
Yes, it probably does. That's the point. Now is a good time to make the policy something of substance, something more clear cut. I am saying that someone SHOULD write a specific policy. I am also saying that the old/current way really is perfectly fine and understandable for most people. Until that one person comes along. The one person who essentially forces you to change it.

Something happened that OP feels crossed the line. OP is apparently a manager or someone in a high position able to make change. IIRC OP said that she can make the change for her sect of employees, rather than pushing HR to make a change for the whole company. If OP can make a clear policy for her people only, I feel she should. Whether it's to ban personal emails on work email at work all together or just to ban sending them to everyone rather than certain people which I also think she mentioned, or whatever else she may feel is necessary here. But my point is that now someone has pushed the loose policy, it's the perfect time to change it.

I said that "I doubt any new parameters added will be vague," because you mentioned the idea of setting up more vague parameters. Meaning I support a new policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment