Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 06:50 AM

12,108 posts, read 23,274,107 times

Advertisements

Another snowflake wanting 15 minutes of fame because of her manufactured outrage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2017, 07:17 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,526,401 times
Maybe she should apply at Hooters.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:20 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,257,461 times
The Fugs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPVgKoruWdA

Old 09-10-2017, 07:44 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,652,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I think the networks should do documentary about this, in two parts, of course.
Keep us abreast of any developments.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:45 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,760,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
Maybe she should apply at Hooters.
Good suggestion for this silly girl.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:45 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Just another example of the entitlement attitude among the internet generation today.

Who cares about rules and regulations, all that matters is getting your 15 minutes of fame by being a social media justice warrior. Whatever your grievance, first thing to do is to make a Facebook post and hope that it becomes viral so you can pat yourself on the back for being a viral 'hero.'

Practically every week someone decides to do a social media rant about some 'injustice.' School uniform codes. My boss told me I couldn't wear my g-string to work. So on and so forth.

No wonder our society is going down the tubes. Everyone wants to be an individual and a hero.
I don't agree. I don't think management has the right to dictate that a female employee must wear a bra under a black uniform shirt. It's not in the dress code, men don't have to wear one, and she's not a stripper. I find it interesting that whenever someone protests something they think is wrong, an older person accuses them of being whiny and "entitled." She is. She is entitled to wear, or not wear, a bra. It is a personal garment.

If something is wrong on principle, a person should complain and protest. A company's policy is not always right just because they are paying an employee. And someone else mentioned the idea of guys staring at her boobs. I will tell you many men stare at breasts no matter what, so a man's staring or lack thereof should not even factor in the equation.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:50 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post
Another snowflake wanting 15 minutes of fame because of her manufactured outrage.
^^^^^This. She can choose to work somewhere else that allows braless employees? Strip Club perhaps?

Old 09-10-2017, 08:00 AM

811 posts, read 622,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I don't agree. I don't think management has the right to dictate that a female employee must wear a bra under a black uniform shirt. It's not in the dress code, men don't have to wear one, and she's not a stripper. I find it interesting that whenever someone protests something they think is wrong, an older person accuses them of being whiny and "entitled." She is. She is entitled to wear, or not wear, a bra. It is a personal garment.

If something is wrong on principle, a person should complain and protest. A company's policy is not always right just because they are paying an employee. And someone else mentioned the idea of guys staring at her boobs. I will tell you many men stare at breasts no matter what, so a man's staring or lack thereof should not even factor in the equation.
So what if a male employee didn't wear underpants and his trousers didn't have a zipper or button fly; instead his pants had a sock-like appendage that his penis protruded into? So the outline of his junk is there for all to see. (Imagining this fashion to be acceptable in SF eventually.)

Would this be ok with you? With your line of thinking he's still covering up and should be able to wear what he wants.

Old 09-10-2017, 08:05 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,652,865 times
People get piercings, tattoos, scarification, and branding for a reaction - then when they get one they complain. Instead of bragging about enduring the "pain" of the process, how about some evidence of being capable of enduring the "discomfort" of natural consequences and comment.

Old 09-10-2017, 08:15 AM

482 posts, read 398,909 times
Isn't this the best type of person to interact with, both inside and outside of the workplace? The person who begs for attention then gets offended when they get it?

Let me get this straight? She pierced her nipples, went to work without a bra, was asked/told to wear a bra, then went on social media to call even more attention to the fact that she works without a bra and her nipple piercings are visible through her shirt?

She works at a restaurant, not a strip club or nightclub. If showing off her piercings is the most essential or gratifying aspect of her professional life, she's in the wrong line of business. No I'm not a prude, but there's an appropriate time and place for everything, and this young lady has mush for brains if she either doesn't realize this or doesn't care.

Put yourself in the shoes of the employer who knows this girl won't comply and has to figure out a way to fire her without causing a stink. I feel for them. This is one of those hires who gives the employer a Canada-sized case of buyer's remorse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment