Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 01:08 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times

Advertisements

There is no labor law that was infringed upon.

I'm sure theres a #pumkinslivesmatter campaign aching to be started up by this angst riddled employee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 01:09 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
I agree with the posters who have said this person is anti-social and seeking attention. Why, these days, are people so easily offended? It's just ridiculous in my opinion. Someone innocently shows another co-worker how they carved a pumpkin because they were proud of their work and this other person gets ticked off because of a picture of a decorated gourd? !

Assuming this person is a Jehovah's Witness, I think it is quite understandable why they would be offended by such an action.

Old 11-02-2017, 01:09 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times
Since the employee is offended by Halloween, which is in no way a religious holiday, they've thrown the religious intolerance out the window.

When ONE employee makes it difficult for 50 other employees, it is time to remove that employee.

Your one a$$clown is not a protected class of persons. They are just a difficult employee.

Old 11-02-2017, 01:12 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
So? Christmas is celebrated here in the US by most of the people in this country.
Many of my Jewish friends and family will put up Christmas decorations because it has morphed more into an American custom than a religious holiday.

This is not the case with my Orthodox friends, just Reform ones.

Old 11-02-2017, 01:23 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,385,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emotiioo View Post
However we had a pumpkin decorating contest across the entire organization. People got into it. One employee showed this individual a picture of their handiwork, forgetting that they did not celebrate. The employee was so angry they said "NEVER show me anything like that AGAIN!" and reported that they were being "forced" participate in a holiday related activity.?
There is no religious significance to pumpkins so this employee over-reacted. He was not forced to do anything. He's an immature twit. I'd seriously fire him.

Does he eat pumpkin pie?

Old 11-02-2017, 01:34 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Since the employee is offended by Halloween, which is in no way a religious holiday, they've thrown the religious intolerance out the window.

When ONE employee makes it difficult for 50 other employees, it is time to remove that employee.

Your one a$$clown is not a protected class of persons. They are just a difficult employee.

Lots of devout Christian's consider Halloween a religious holiday. It's why in some places they have a Heavenween. To JWs, it is definitely a pagan holiday.

Old 11-02-2017, 01:39 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,304,565 times

Old 11-02-2017, 01:52 PM

8,007 posts, read 10,430,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Assuming this person is a Jehovah's Witness, I think it is quite understandable why they would be offended by such an action.
I have friends who are Jehovah's Witnesses, and they don't react this way. They don't celebrate holidays or birthdays, but they don't get offended when other people do.

Old 11-02-2017, 01:52 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,626,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post

Halloween is a holiday. Holidays don't have to be religious for a person not to observe them. Also Halloween has LOTS of roots in religion.

Old 11-02-2017, 02:01 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Very stupid and anti-social person. Get rid of him in the next layoff occasion.
At the Halloween week the girl who responsible for decoration put a small black cross on the office doors, (with some black cats, witches, ghosts etc). And I (a Jew) just removed the cross from my door without making any noise and stupid complains.
Do you know why most Israelis find the Haredi version of Purim (people wear costumes like during Halloween) to be disgusting to them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment