Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 03:47 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,705,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
Until a law or public pressure really ramps up to that point, then you won't care about it (and this is meant in the most neutral tone I can muster online). However, threads like these are about BOTH what we do now, and how things should change, so both camps will continue to be posting, even if we'll be arguing past each other.
Sorry but I think you're being too neutral. Those posting about how things should change are not arguing past anything: Those posting about how things should change recognize how things are now, and are saying it's wrong. Meanwhile, as the moral case for change is made, those who are posting about "what we do now" are not presenting a moral defense for their disagreement with those advocating for changes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2018, 12:16 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,274,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
That isn't all what I said. I'm not sure how you could have gotten that from my post.

stormeagle has consistently posted in these types of threads that some people are not smart enough to get good jobs, so therefore it isn't fair that they can't get good jobs, and that something needs to be done so that they can get good jobs. I have consistently pointed out the folly of such a belief.
Way to put words in my mouth. I never said it was not fair I was just stating a fact that some people are not smart enough to get better jobs so telling people to get a better job is pointless. If they can get a better job then the job they have needs to be at least be able to provide a basic living wage. You have not pointed any folly at all just parroted Right Wing talking points.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment