Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 09:27 AM

140 posts, read 71,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
I hated one job so much I planned on my end. I then spoke with a therapist who helped me. I was laid off and that's the day my stress went to zero. I now know the signs of stress and combat them quickly and effectively...

I suspect you may be under such a cloud
Very Insightful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2018, 10:09 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,323,605 times
I hope these few sayings and links below can help you learn to tolerate, not to slice open your wrists, to enhance yourself and get a career you like in the future:

"What you resist persists" or "You Only Get More of What You Resist - Why?", https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...you-resist-why

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction". Remember the Newton's Law of Motion in Physics in high school? You have a line of five balls hanging, and you pull out one ball to hit the next one, and then eventually the last one hits the first one back. So, if you hate your job, your job will hate you back. You hate someone, someone will hate you back too. It's hard to live in hatred.

So, you need to change your attitude. Even you don't like the job, but don't hate it. It helps you to pay your bills. Even someone is mean to you, try not to hate him/her. Try to be nice and be professional to that person or stay away from that one. In general, try to be nice and professional with everyone and do your job well. Tolerate this job, this place, these people for now when you cannot find a better job yet. And upgrade and improve yourself in hope for getting a better job. And you will. Nothing stays the same for ever.

Learn the Law of Attraction, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of...n_(New_Thought)

When you cut yourself, you hurt yourself, now and your future, the most. Not anybody else. Your parents, brothers, sisters, loved ones may feel sad, worried, scared. But if you do this often, nobody cares anymore. Everybody, your relative, friends, co-workers will feel numb. They will think you are a drama queen. They will leave you alone. They will think it's none of their business. They don't care. It's your loss only. If you don't be strong, don't take good care of yourself, nobody can help you.

That's it.

Last edited by AnOrdinaryCitizen; 03-11-2018 at 10:17 AM..

Old 03-11-2018, 10:55 AM

6,345 posts, read 8,121,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodie_Bunk View Post
You need to learn how to use what advantages you have to overcome the situation. Claim LGBT harassment. Surely they are harassing you because of your sexual orientation and lifestyle. Record conversation and document incidents. Then cash in with the right employment lawyer.
I find it odd that you jump to "claim LGBT harassment". There was no such mention of being harassed for LGBT. This is detrimental alarmist advice to OP and anybody else that hates their job.

Recorded conversations are worthless, when there is no mention of LGBT. You can't provide recordings of LGBT harassment, if there is none.

Old 03-11-2018, 11:59 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCastro View Post
I have hated almost every job I have had. I am stuck with a useless marketing degree with no experience and have been working retail and currently a warehouse job. I hate working with "little kids" in their early 20's that always make fun of every little thing you do or try to start mess with you all the time. Just last week a young girl claimed I bumped into her when I didn't even touch her and tried to threaten me in front of one of my managers. I told her she needed to leave me the f alone and I wasn't taking her mess...and the boss thought it was funny. ".
Be grateful she didn't try to make an assault or harassment formal complaint. (I'm sort of assuming you are male). I feel sorry for men these days trying to work with women in the workplace. Some women think if a man even glances in their direction that he's coming on to them or threatening them in some way. Just be glad your manager laughed it off. Trust me, it could have ended up worse.

Keep working at something, though, don't be like the 60 year old person who wakes up one day, and realizes he/she does not have even one dime saved for retirement, and also has debt. That is a nightmare situation to wind up in. So if you haven't done so yet, start an IRA or invest in your company's 401K. It will give you some security for the future. That's what I did around age 28.

Last edited by PriscillaVanilla; 03-11-2018 at 12:08 PM..

Old 03-11-2018, 01:05 PM

251 posts, read 204,126 times
Quote:
None of my co workers know about me being bi so no comments have been made regarding that so the strategy you are talking about won’t work.
That's what you think.

Honestly I don't know about today but 10 years ago in my BS college retail temp jobs 90% of time someone was bullied it is because they were suspected to be Gay. This was still during the Bush administration and now with Trump in office the banal bigots mark their return.

Trust me, really listen to the gossip because they don't pick someone just randomly most times. If they don't know they at least suspect you are "different" from their hillbilly group.

Old 03-11-2018, 01:11 PM

251 posts, read 204,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
I find it odd that you jump to "claim LGBT harassment". There was no such mention of being harassed for LGBT. This is detrimental alarmist advice to OP and anybody else that hates their job.

Recorded conversations are worthless, when there is no mention of LGBT. You can't provide recordings of LGBT harassment, if there is none.
He's in a warehouse retail operations or manufacturing type gig.

Places like those are basically prison. Do you know how in prison the "prettiest" dude gets targeted and race wars happen. Basically it's a return to tribal mentality and "us" vs. "Them"

And that's just how management likes it. He mentioned his sexual orientation for a reason. If he's South of mason Dixon there's a good chance for pettiness abound for sure in regards to that. Small town folk will take anything about you that don't "fit" and blow it up magnified x300.

Need to cover all the bases here. Can't think of another major reason they'd ostracize a young White male unless they suspect him to be Gay. Yeah it's 2018, but look who's in office. We've got to think Lowest Common Denominator here.

Old 03-11-2018, 01:28 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,813,613 times
Quote:
That's what you think.

Honestly I don't know about today but 10 years ago in my BS college retail temp jobs 90% of time someone was bullied it is because they were suspected to be Gay. This was still during the Bush administration and now with Trump in office the banal bigots mark their return.

Trust me, really listen to the gossip because they don't pick someone just randomly most times. If they don't know they at least suspect you are "different" from their hillbilly group.
Well... ok. People there do wonder why I am 35 and not married with kids . Some women there ask me when I am gonna find someone and have kids. Plus I am quiet and I have heard other people (not the ones I get crap from) that a person seems gay if they are quiet. That’s weird

Old 03-11-2018, 01:30 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,813,613 times
Quote:
He's in a warehouse retail operations or manufacturing type gig.

Places like those are basically prison. Do you know how in prison the "prettiest" dude gets targeted and race wars happen. Basically it's a return to tribal mentality and "us" vs. "Them"

And that's just how management likes it. He mentioned his sexual orientation for a reason. If he's South of mason Dixon there's a good chance for pettiness abound for sure in regards to that. Small town folk will take anything about you that don't "fit" and blow it up magnified x300.

Need to cover all the bases here. Can't think of another major reason they'd ostracize a young White male unless they suspect him to be Gay. Yeah it's 2018, but look who's in office. We've got to think Lowest Common Denominator here.
Lol I’m black. Most of the other people I work with are black as well.

Old 03-11-2018, 02:21 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
Well... ok. People there do wonder why I am 35 and not married with kids . Some women there ask me when I am gonna find someone and have kids.
That is really none of their business.

Old 03-12-2018, 01:13 AM

83 posts, read 56,665 times
Quote:
You need to learn how to use what advantages you have to overcome the situation. Claim LGBT harassment. Surely they are harassing you because of your sexual orientation and lifestyle. Record conversation and document incidents. Then cash in with the right employment lawyer.
Just a question...please don't read into this. Why does an employer need to know anything about someone's personal life and preferences? If I drank or had sex with several partners I certainly would not tell my employer. You go to work to work... not to talk about everything you do outside of the job. Just saying... I wouldn't be advertising anything at any job...because people are too judgemental anymore and it's getting worse. I find the less people know about my business the better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment