Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 04:51 PM

669 posts, read 582,218 times

Advertisements

Resume and cover letter...check. Company job application...oops. On my years working for my current employer I put my “start” date in both the starting month and year....and the “last” date...using the same year...2012....good grief! Looks like I did not last long at this employer . My resume has the correct dates. I guess I blew it. And, yes, I proofed it multiple times before submitting it. I give up......

STLgaltoo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2018, 04:53 PM

718 posts, read 620,113 times
don't sweat it, very minor mistake if they want you they will hire you.

Old 04-25-2018, 05:12 PM

669 posts, read 582,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj2013 View Post
don't sweat it, very minor mistake if they want you they will hire you.

Thanks...having a Tommy Boy moment realizing what I had done.

STLgaltoo

Old 04-25-2018, 06:50 PM

192 posts, read 147,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLgaltoo View Post
Resume and cover letter...check. Company job application...oops. On my years working for my current employer I put my “start” date in both the starting month and year....and the “last” date...using the same year...2012....good grief! Looks like I did not last long at this employer . My resume has the correct dates. I guess I blew it. And, yes, I proofed it multiple times before submitting it. I give up......

STLgaltoo
It happens. If you have an email contact, you may want to reach out and correct this.

If not, likely not a big deal. I once left out an entire employer on an application. Created a 2 year gap. I was able to advise the employer, and they allowed me to go back into the online application and correct by adding it in.

Old 04-25-2018, 07:05 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,986,308 times
Even the tiniest mistake can disqualify you from these nutty employers today

Old 04-25-2018, 07:15 PM

Oh look, here you are to spread happiness and light. Again. Seriously stop it. This is NOT an error that is going to disqualify the OP from the position, and it is very easily fixed. So, you coming in here with your doom and gloom "no one is ever hiring anyone, they are all against hiring" just isn't constructive.

OP, ignore. The most important part of the application is your experience and if you have it listed correctly, you will have a chance to fix the date.

Old 04-25-2018, 07:45 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,167,557 times
As a glimmer of hope, as a hiring manager I would recognize that as a likely typo and would ask HR to call and confirm before I would reject you, especially if you met all qualifications. It seems these days seems to be only about 1/3 of the applicants are qualified and the rest didn’t read the requirements.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:50 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,475,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
The key is to remain hopeful... and hope that they too will make a mistake. It most definitely has happened at some of the places I've been at

Old 04-26-2018, 04:39 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,587,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatherBeReading View Post
Oh look, here you are to spread happiness and light. Again. Seriously stop it. This is NOT an error that is going to disqualify the OP from the position, and it is very easily fixed. So, you coming in here with your doom and gloom "no one is ever hiring anyone, they are all against hiring" just isn't constructive.

OP, ignore. The most important part of the application is your experience and if you have it listed correctly, you will have a chance to fix the date.
He's right, it's not an employees' market.

Old 04-26-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
He's right, it's not an employees' market.
Ummm, with unemployment as low as it is right now, it most certainly is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment