Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 10:22 PM

23 posts, read 22,641 times

Advertisements

hello everyone, i went on an interview july 2nd and the interview went great. I had a good feeling about the interview. Julio, the guy that interviewed me seemed intrigued with me, the interview lasted for 20-25 minutes, he gave a full description of the job and wanted me to feel comfortable and ask all the questions i needed. Today July 15 2019 i was called in for a last minute 2nd interview. Although it was short notice i made it at 4pm, positive vibes and dressed to impress. When i walked into the interview room this time i was being interviewed by four gentlemen. The interview lasted for about 20 minutues. I have a great feeling. They all seemed impressed with me. They asked me a alot of the same questions and some new ones. They sold me on the position. They said they would make decision right once i left the interview room. Needless to say i've never felt this confident about an interview. I always leave interviews discouraged and i usually NEVER get a 2nd interview.

Heres the but, I do i have a criminal record. I have a couple convictions on my record, petty theft and narcotics. My convictions are all over 3 years old. I also dont have the best driving record i have 1 speeding ticket and 2 red light violations. I think i may have 3 points. Im nervous because the job is a merchandising job. Its full time pay $25 hourly. I would start work at 5am working 8-12 hour shifts. Honestly the jobs a great fit for me. They told me they have no control about my criminal record and my driving record. Thats up to HR. With that being said does anyone know about merchandising jobs specifically in CA. What would disqualify me from getting this job? im trying my best to stay positive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2019, 10:32 PM

403 posts, read 274,254 times
The theft conviction is going to be a huge problem. You’re not going to be able to be bonded if they’re a company that outsources.

Old 07-15-2019, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollieMan View Post
The theft conviction is going to be a huge problem. You’re not going to be able to be bonded if they’re a company that outsources.
dont mean to sound like an idiot but what do you mean my outsource? They already explained that they use a 3rd party company that handles background and driving if that what you mean

Old 07-15-2019, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIANA_HILL916 View Post
dont mean to sound like an idiot but what do you mean my outsource? They already explained that they use a 3rd party company that handles background and driving if that what you mean
If they provide services to other companies, they’re an outsourced provider - as many merchandising companies are.

Old 07-16-2019, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollieMan View Post
If they provide services to other companies, they’re an outsourced provider - as many merchandising companies are.
Thank you for the clarification, sounds bad for me then i would be driving my own vehicle to outsource locations, driving a company vehicle & stocking bakery products to local grocery stores such as walmart, safeway, albertson ect.

Old 07-16-2019, 05:51 AM

9,452 posts, read 8,425,925 times
Did you disclose the convictions either through the application or verbally at the interview? Some companies will look past minor (misdemeanor) offenses if fully disclosed; however, theft and narcotics to me would be a huge red flag. Almost like you were stealing to feed a drug habit, not someone I'd want to pay $25/hour to if I am being totally honest. But you just never know, maybe one of the interviewers also has prior convictions and turned his life around, best to stay positive and be up front about everything.

Old 07-16-2019, 06:02 AM

2,704 posts, read 2,771,599 times
Just keep your fingers crossed. I believe in second chances to offenses that don't include murder or hurting a child.

Old 07-16-2019, 06:46 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,704,040 times
Quote:
hello everyone, i went on an interview july 2nd and the interview went great. I had a good feeling about the interview. Julio, the guy that interviewed me seemed intrigued with me, the interview lasted for 20-25 minutes, he gave a full description of the job and wanted me to feel comfortable and ask all the questions i needed. Today July 15 2019 i was called in for a last minute 2nd interview. Although it was short notice i made it at 4pm, positive vibes and dressed to impress. When i walked into the interview room this time i was being interviewed by four gentlemen. The interview lasted for about 20 minutues. I have a great feeling. They all seemed impressed with me. They asked me a alot of the same questions and some new ones. They sold me on the position. They said they would make decision right once i left the interview room. Needless to say i've never felt this confident about an interview. I always leave interviews discouraged and i usually NEVER get a 2nd interview.

Heres the but, I do i have a criminal record. I have a couple convictions on my record, petty theft and narcotics. My convictions are all over 3 years old. I also dont have the best driving record i have 1 speeding ticket and 2 red light violations. I think i may have 3 points. Im nervous because the job is a merchandising job. Its full time pay $25 hourly. I would start work at 5am working 8-12 hour shifts. Honestly the jobs a great fit for me. They told me they have no control about my criminal record and my driving record. Thats up to HR. With that being said does anyone know about merchandising jobs specifically in CA. What would disqualify me from getting this job? im trying my best to stay positive.

I would be surprised if you get this job, or almost any decent job with that history. Those are not jaywalking offenses, those are major issues. You may luck out, and I hope you do, but I am not optimistic.

Old 07-16-2019, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Thank you for the clarification, sounds bad for me then i would be driving my own vehicle to outsource locations, driving a company vehicle & stocking bakery products to local grocery stores such as walmart, safeway, albertson ect.
Ouch. Yeah - you’re probably going to get passed over here. The driving record is going to be a killer.

Old 07-16-2019, 07:17 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,121,368 times
Did you tell them about it up front? Maybe they liked you and they're willing to give you a second chance. You'll just have to wait and see. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment