Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 09:35 AM

3,530 posts, read 9,721,676 times

Advertisements

haha, who else hates their boss? I have four people to support. Three are great and sweet and treat me like their friend. One is a witch. Moody, rude, never says good morning or good night. Always has personal drama going on that is laid out on me.

But I love my company! So I guess I'm stuck.

Who else is in this dilemma?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 09:37 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,733,641 times
Sorry, can't say the same here. My boss is the best boss ever. He puts his butt on the line for everyone in our department. I wouldn't want to work for anyone else.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:40 AM

Wow, lucky you. I've never had a boss who wasn't willing to throw me to the wolves. Along with the rest of my coworkers. Perhaps it's my field.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:31 PM

5,244 posts, read 4,709,807 times
I wonder if the other three are male and the one you have trouble with is female. I found in "support" roles that the women were the worst. I also found that support jobs were dead end so I switched to the IT field and it was the best move for me. Although, now I "support" a 3 yr old and 5 yr old but feel the IT field prepared me for that because I only hear about things when something is "down", they are usually crying about something just like my users were, and it's a 24/7 job which so was IT. Good luck to you!

Old 06-19-2008, 02:41 PM

oh I should have pointed this out, thanks. Actually, I work for two other women, both of which are great to work for, organized, respectful, nice. I only support one man, and he's kind of a mess, although very sweet and nice too. Just the one witch.

p.s. I'm in law.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:09 PM

1 posts, read 3,070 times
Default Send one of these to your boss...

[url]www.zingercards.com[/url]

Old 07-16-2008, 08:40 AM

omg those are awesome!!!!!!!!

She's nicey nice this month. I hate the roller coaster ride. And leave your freaking problems at home, as if we don't have problems.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:17 AM

5,476 posts, read 12,247,018 times
I have more luck with male bosses and I prefer to work in a male environment (and I'm a female). I find men are more goal focused. I'm at work to work. I"ve worked in places that were predominantly female and it was just too much drama.

My present boss is awesome. But I've had bad bosses, and they give you reason to enjoy those after work drinks!!

Old 07-16-2008, 09:29 AM

It's also the nature of the field I'm in. There's a huge gap, lawyers and non-lawyers. And it doesn't matter how much of a screwup they are, they still think they are so much better. This one is a mess too, which I find amusing. Sometimes she makes up reasons to correct me, and I'm always thinking, shouldn't you be worried about your own career??

I think that men just don't care about the drama and like you said, they are there to work. I do hate the ol boys club though.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:12 PM

114 posts, read 340,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
It's also the nature of the field I'm in. There's a huge gap, lawyers and non-lawyers. And it doesn't matter how much of a screwup they are, they still think they are so much better. This one is a mess too, which I find amusing. Sometimes she makes up reasons to correct me, and I'm always thinking, shouldn't you be worried about your own career??

I think that men just don't care about the drama and like you said, they are there to work. I do hate the ol boys club though.
god, a-freaking-men. as a male and a paralegal, I couldn't agree more. I am so burnt out of the legal profession it's sickening. attorneys really think they are god's gift and I can count on one hand how many I've met that aren't arrogant, self-absorbed *******s with no intelligence, ethics or substance to back it up. it's a profession that breeds idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment