Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 12:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,585 times

Advertisements

I had an interview at a neurologist with a office manager name Anne at a OakWater Circle in Orlando, Fl she was very interested in me at first. Then, two weeks after the inteview I called her to see what is the next step. She promised to call back and never did. The common Curtesy was to send me an e-mail or a rejection letter, just like I had the common curtesy to show up for the interview on time. Please be considerate of other people. Just remember, you can also find yourself in the same situation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2010, 01:27 PM

577 posts, read 1,759,098 times
I wish some of the HR people responding in this thread woud respond in the thread I started yesterday.... http://www.city-data.com/forum/work-...-followup.html

Old 06-12-2010, 03:06 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madrien27 View Post
I had an interview at a neurologist with a office manager name Anne at a OakWater Circle in Orlando, Fl she was very interested in me at first. Then, two weeks after the inteview I called her to see what is the next step. She promised to call back and never did. The common Curtesy was to send me an e-mail or a rejection letter, just like I had the common curtesy to show up for the interview on time. Please be considerate of other people. Just remember, you can also find yourself in the same situation
The two medical offices I interviewed with last year also never bothered to respond either--one was a dentist and one was a general surgeon. In fact the dentist was one of the worst interviews ever--she kept me waiting for 45 minutes, then when she did finally meet me, she ate her lunch during the interview and interupted me mid-sentence half a dozen tiems to talk to her staff or take a phone call.

Old 06-12-2010, 06:59 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,908,288 times
Because you have not heard for several weeks does not mean you have been rejected. Call back and find out if you are still in the running. I know some who were offered jobs because they called back.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:27 PM

3,739 posts, read 4,635,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madrien27 View Post
She promised to call back and never did. The common Curtesy was to send me an e-mail or a rejection letter, just like I had the common curtesy to show up for the interview on time. Please be considerate of other people. Just remember, you can also find yourself in the same situation
Some employers now just don't have any manners. And yes, they too can be sitting on the other side of the desk at any given moment. So consideration goes a long way because they never know when they will be interviewed by someone whom they were not considerate of.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:58 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,173,552 times
In my opinion

If you just submit a resume- you shouldn't expect a response.
If you interview- you should.

Old 06-13-2010, 06:06 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
In my opinion

If you just submit a resume- you shouldn't expect a response.
If you interview- you should.
I agree with this 100%.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:03 AM

2 posts, read 5,758 times
On Another note, if you are contacted by an employer for an interview and you show up, and they clearly tell you that you will be hearing back from them and you do not, here is what I now do:

I send them an email, not a letter where I am wasting my money (postage) and tell them that I am withdrawing from the position because of the lack of follow up on their part.
Promising that they would deliver a phone call or follow up and failing to do so is not only unprofessional it is unacceptable.

They have clearly demonstrated to me, exactly how I would be treated as an employee of their company and that "They, not me, have failed to WIN ME OVER..."

I then add in the email that they are welcome for the opportunity to have met me and also the time that they took up of mine, as they were the one who sought me out for the interview.

I also mention in the end to them, that I will go forward with my interview process in the future and make certain that whichever company "I elect" to work for that they clearly demonstrate to me that they are worthy of me as an employee...

Try that one on size next time you don't get a call back...guarantee that will make them think...

Good Luck...Seriously, do that next time you are promised a call...

Last edited by WW121673; 06-13-2010 at 08:20 AM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 06-13-2010, 08:14 AM

660 posts, read 1,540,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny AZ View Post
I was interviewing for a great job, had three interviews and they were down to the last 3 candidates for 2 positions. I did not get the job. But...the hiring manager called me a week later and said that she really liked me and wanted to bring me on to her team. She said she had a position opening up due to someone getting a promotion. She asked me to call her every week and keep in touch, so I gladly did. This is a large, well known and respected company and I was dying to work there.

So each week, I made it a point to call her or email. We had many long and positive conversations, emails, etc. and things were moving along. Then, she suddenly stopped returning messages. I called her one day and she picked up and then quickly told me she was on a conference call and that she would call me back in a few minutes. She was really quick to hang up, and I never heard from her again.

I mean, how more rude can you get? She had me on the phone, all she needed to say was that things were not working out or whatever. Instead she makes up a lie that she's on the phone and hangs up? She pursued me! I had already let the job go the first time, but she stirred my hopes up and boy did she string me along...FOR SIX WEEKS!

I sent her an email, asking her to please just let me know either way, figuring it would be easy for her to respond in writing. Less personal. And since we had talked so much, it seemed okay. And she never even bothered to send me an email. What a JERK, I am glad I don't work for her.
I'm a very fair person, and believe that what goes around comes around. You didn't hear it from me (snicker), but if that happened to me, I would have made that lady's life complete hell (not revealing myself, of course). I don't know, maybe a slashed tire, key her car.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:23 AM

660 posts, read 1,540,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmerritt36 View Post
Job Fair's are mostly made up of temp agencies. Those are the one's I see a lot of when I go. But I agree with a lot of people. I hate being strung along when it come to being told that you will be hearing from them again soon.
Job fairs are mostly useless, in terms of finding work. Rarely are interviews given "on the spot" as they used to be in job fairs. On the bright side, they're quite amusing to go to if you're not really looking for work but are just getting a feel for what your peers might be like in said industry. I should also add that they can be a sad thing to watch. Completely innocent, unemployed folks who don't know any better, who have found some job ad mentioning a job fair. So, these folks show up dressed to the nines, nice, shiny resumes in hand, only to be told "you can go to our website and apply" or "here's a pamphlet about our company, and feel free to take a pen and one of those bumper stickers on your way out".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search