Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 05:20 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,517,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylee54 View Post
Its how they justify their time at the job, look busy, all the while knowing the job is already filled or they will rescind the offer. They play all sorts of games, have a budget they need to expend, need to justify their jobs, need to satisfy EEOC requirements to interview x number of applicants, who knows! I'm going to get a master's in HR, if you can't beat 'em, join em!

You hit the nail on the head !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 05:39 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,939,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Why in the world would anyone have a facebook acount????

The internet is a very unsafe place with things that never forget. Write about something stupid you did at 19 and it will probably still be around when you are 39.

The best way to approach the internet is to "pretend" everything you write is available for viewing to everyone in the world forever. Future girlfriends, future boyfriends, the wife you haven't met yet or the person giving you a job interview in the year 2018.

It's just nuts, how does a myspace benefit you at all?

Wake up people!
I certainly have a facebook account. I keep in touch with friends and family around the world- from Canada to Peru to London. I created my account last year to keep in touch with 2 relatives serving in Afghanistan and it grew from there. I have a network of 40 people and it's private (or as 'private' as you can get on the net). Facebook and Myspace doesn't always equal 'immaturity'. Email isn't the only way people can use the web to network. I believe you should use technology to your advantage- yes you have to be smart and safe about it but I wouldn't write it off as something only an immature 19 year old would use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment