Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 09:24 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,740,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
So are you there to spread rumors? I really don't see why this is something for you to be concerned about.

You asked if we would want to work with this person again and my answer to that is that I would rather work with her than your boss. You may want to start checking out who the person who left the room crying is. She just may be a good performer too. She may be pointing out how mean the boss is. Keep us posted. I am interested how this turns out. I personally would stay clear of that boss. I said that once before, but a person does not go out of the room crying because she is scared. If she were really scared, she would sit quietly.
Yeah, at least she is human. Don't know about your boss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 09:26 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Well it's obvious we know where your nose resides while at work. With that being said, if all you have is negative energy towards the co-worker that got upset......then by all means leave her alone.
It wasn't just me, even another women worker said-"what the hell is wrong with her?

I guess she asked because the boss was just saying what will happen if you continue to underperform but not nasty about it.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:37 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
All governmant worik I see. It isn't like that in upper management in the private sector. Its swim or sink. Governamnt managers are more worried about the next politcal complain filed against them really. Politcs stinks in government work.
LOL! I worked in politics for 17 years and I couldn't have cared less about political complaints. It was that "uncaring" attitude that made me good at what I did!

Old 08-25-2009, 12:02 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,036,041 times
All I can say is that the best and toughest bosses I ever had, never raised their voices, made threats, berated people, name called. Any issues they had were dealt with professionally in private, definitely not in front of others. Isn;t it better to treat others the way you'd like to be treated? Humiliating people caues high turnover, poor morale leading to poor productivity etc.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:14 AM

1,650 posts, read 3,865,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
All I can say is that the best and toughest bosses I ever had, never raised their voices, made threats, berated people, name called. Any issues they had were dealt with professionally in private, definitely not in front of others. Isn;t it better to treat others the way you'd like to be treated? Humiliating people caues high turnover, poor morale leading to poor productivity etc.
I tried to rep you for this but could not. I have worked for some AWFUL bosses who would berate you, make fun of you, make threats, raise voices, force you to stay after hours without pay. At of all of those places where I had an awful boss, everyone would always have out the classified ads. Unfortunately, even the kids saw the stress that was being created for the teachers and their performance suffered. All of those schools were underperforming schools after the awful bosses took over.

TVSG: Why do you care if a coworker is upset? Maybe she had received bad news about a relative or someone she loved just died. You should keep your nose in your own business. As long as you are doing your own job, you should let her do her job.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:18 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,054,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Exactly. The only bosses I've ever worked for who liked to deride and humiliate their employees A. Didn't know how to effectively manage or communicate and B. Never lasted.

And when they were terminated, it often trickled downstream and those that brown-nosed found themselves on the curb as well.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:41 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,211,364 times
TVSG - I don't think I would stay away from her. Thinking that if you are as unfeeling as you appear here then I would definitely stay away from you.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:55 AM

36,420 posts, read 16,032,420 times
Maybe you should go to her and ask her if you can help her. Try to be supportive, you know, being a team player and all.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:20 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
I think everyone is missing the point here, I don't care how much of a D*ck the boss is you don't CRY in front of coworkers in a staff meeting espcially when it's not directed toward you. I don't want to work around people who are not mentally stable and honestly don't think she is a good fit. I need someone who is going to fight with me not CRY when things get tough

Old 08-25-2009, 06:26 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,074,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I think everyone is missing the point here, I don't care how much of a D*ck the boss is you don't CRY in front of coworkers in a staff meeting espcially when it's not directed toward you. I don't want to work around people who are not mentally stable and honestly don't think she is a good fit. I need someone who is going to fight with me not CRY when things get tough
You simply do not not understand women. Just because she cried doesn't mean she is mentally unstable. I guess now you will add to the office gossip and put a flea in the bosses ear that "So and So" is not a team player and really should go...

You can't expect people to react like you in situations. They are not you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment